Friday, April 16, 2010

.:Easter and Family Time:.

Before Remi was born, we were lucky to have my mom come stay with us the week before. It was nice to have some play time with her, and also for she and Reece to get to know each other better. Reece just fell in love with my mom, and I'm excited that she will be able to start remembering my family members that don't live near us better now! We had lots of fun running errands, eating doughnuts, visiting Cal-Ranch to see the chicks and baby ducks, going to the library and the pet store, and just hanging out at home!


After Remi came, we were able to have almost my whole family come into town to meet Remi and Jay and spend Easter with us (we missed you Ben and Sharon and Jefferson!) Reece was in heaven with her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I think it was good for her to have some of that attention as she adjusted to having Remi around.

Here are some pictures of the fun times we had!

Aunt Dani holding Remi


Reece and Andi in their matching dresses


We decided to let Carter get in on the picture in his new shirt, although Andi didn't want him in it because he's not a girl!


The kids had fun decorating Easter egg shaped sugar cookies (and eating them, too, of course!)


Reece loved playing with Taytum.


Reece also had a great time running around with this bag on her head (don't call CPS!)


Andi and Remi with Uncle Nic and Aunt Alli


Jay and Remi - 11 days apart!


Dying Easter eggs


The girls' Easter baskets


Enjoying some candy


Remi enjoying some quality time with Grandma Z and Grandpa Paul




We had a great time with everyone, and really appreciate everyone making the effort to come visit us and spend time with us!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks like you guys had a great time, we missed out! We are excited to see you soon though!

Mendel Family said...

I love the picture of Reece hugging your mom! That is just too precious for words! I love that your family was able to meet both the babes that were born! Can't wait to see your cute mom and family at the baby blessing!

suzanne said...

I loved bonding with little ms. Reece and ms. Remi. Thank you so much for letting me a part of such an incredible time in your life. And Josh was just so patient and welcoming. I really had a great time. And I remind you how LONG Reece held onto me.............just fyi!

Sarah Jane said...

How fun that your family was here right when Remi was born!