Friday, June 3, 2011

.:14 Weeks:.

Today I'm 14 weeks - second trimester baby!

In some ways this pregnancy is going by quickly, but in other ways, it feels like it's dragging. I don't know how to explain it, so I guess I'll just leave it at that.

I had an appointment today and was able to hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler for the first time. (We've heard it via ultrasound a couple of other times.) It is always such a relief to hear that! Especially since it is still early on and I'm not feeling movement yet.

I keep waiting to feel movement, and I guess maybe I probably could if life would ever slow down enough for me to sit quietly and wait for it. But chasing kids (ours and a friend's baby) around all day long (I had five, two and under, one day this week!) and working on orders for my shop, along with church callings, has kept me quite busy lately. Hoping the summer will start to slow down a little bit. We've got a couple of trips coming up, which I'm really looking forward to.

If you haven't heard the news yet, we upgraded our Pathfinder to a minivan! We were sad to see the Pathfinder go; it's been a great car. But I am LOVING having a van! It is a bit older than we'd like, and the color is not our favorite, BUT it is in great condition and we still have no car payment! That will be really nice while Josh is finishing up school this year. It really was the hand of the Lord in that falling into place so perfectly for us.

We get to find out the gender on July 13th, so be sure to make your vote in our poll! We'll be thrilled with either of course, but it would be pretty fun to do something different this time around with a boy.

I'm feeling better these days. The nausea is gone and has been replaced with cravings for junk food and wanting to eat (and sometimes doing it!) like a bottomless pit. Amazingly, I only gained less than a pound since my last appointment, for a total of less than two pounds so far. I'm going to chalk that up to still exercising five days a week, as well as the food poisoning we got a couple weeks ago. Time to start using a bit more self control with my cravings, or else this baby might come out a mix of graham crackers with frosting and a Slurpee.

Here's a picture of me at 14 weeks with Remi vs 14 weeks with this baby. Maybe looking close to the same?

Preggo with Remi


Preggo with Baby #3


So happy to know that things are going well in there! Can't wait to know if we've got a little he or she!

5 comments:

suzanne said...

Way bigger with the Remster!

Sarah said...

I agree with your Mom, your bump is smaller with this babe!! So cute!

Dani said...

I thought the exact same thing. You look smaller this time around. And you look fantastic!! It's still pretty early to be feeling movement, even for baby #3. I am sure any day now you'll be getting those wonderful little flutters. Can't wait to hear what you're having!! I voted boy, because I definitely think it's fun to have one of each, but I would love for you to have another girl so we can commiserate with having three girls in a row. Both Andi and Carter voted boy. We shall see!

Sarah Jane said...

Yeah! You look so cute with your little bump. I still just look chubby!

Mendel Family said...

I so wish I poked out all cute like you when I am pregnant. I just look fat until about 6 months. You always look so darling prego! I am voting for a boy because I want to see what cute crafts you do for him! And I would just love to see you have a boy :) But another darling Andrus girl would be great too! By the way still jealous that you have a minivan ;)