Sunday, December 4, 2011

.:Harper - 3 Weeks:.

This sweet babe is three weeks old today! I can't believe my due date was just this past Friday. It's much better having a three week old instead of a three day old!


Harper had her two week appointment last week. She tipped the scales at 6 lbs 9 oz (6th percentile) and was 20.25 in long (43rd percentile). Her pediatrician was very impressed with her weight gain, as was I! But I guess that's what happens when you want to eat every two hours! She checked out perfectly, though, which is such a blessing since she did come so early.


I suspect that she has a bit of reflux. She fusses and arches her back after eating, and seems to prefer being in an inclined position or laying on my chest. Her pediatrician said we'd look into it more at her two month appointment since it could possibly still just be her body getting used to life in the outside world. She's a far cry from the fussy baby that Reece was, but she is still leaning more towards Reece's temperment than Remi's as a baby. But really, I can't say that I'm minding sitting around holding my snuggly little baby for a lot of the day.


Reece and Remi are doing awesome with Harper, they both seem to love her a lot. They have done a great job playing with each other and keeping each other entertained, which has been so nice for me since I'm stuck on the couch a lot with a nursing baby.


We're just loving this little gal, and can't wait for her to start interacting with us more. She's always been pretty alert when she's awake, but it seems like she's starting to focus in on our faces more now. I'm hoping for some smiles in the next few weeks!


And of course, a couple of pictures of these two beauties! Love all my girls!




3 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

Love the header! Wish I could see the babe! She's a beauty.

Sarah Jane said...

How cute. I love your pictures on the top of your blog! Where did you get them done? Super cute!

Dyan said...

That picture of Harper in the white outfit with the bow on the shirt is just too cute!