Monday, January 23, 2012

.:Reece's First Haircut:.

Can you believe that Reece was over three years old before she had her first haircut?

Not that she didn't need it before then, but we just didn't do it!


I took her with me one evening when I went to get my hair done. My friend Haley does my hair, and she has a little girl that is close to Reece's age, so it worked out perfectly. Reece played for awhile as I was getting my color put on. While we waited for that to set, Reece got her very first haircut!


She took it so seriously, it was so cute. She sat in the chair very still, and wouldn't even crack a smile for me! She was so good at listening to Haley and following Haley's directions. We took four inches off, and it is still plenty long!


So much healthier now!


We stopped at the gas station on our way to get a little treat; Reece thought it was pretty special to be out alone with Mom! I definitely want to start doing more one on one time with our kiddos.

What a pretty girl!


7 comments:

Sarah said...

So cute! I love that she took it so serious and I love how she has her eyes closed in the one pic....love the new cut!

Haley Flowers said...

I can't get over how adorable she is! And how she sat so still! So cute!! Definitely one of the best behaved kids that I have done a haircut on :)

nison (nic + allison) said...

I love how serious she took it and you can totally tell in the pictures! :)

Sharon said...

Super cute!! I love her curls!

Dani said...

What a silly girl! Her hair does look so healthy. And one on one time is so fun when they get to that age!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a cutie! I'm impressed you could last so long without a haircut!!

Mendel Family said...

Luke had his first hair cut at 10 months, I don't even know if I could tell you how many hair cuts he has had! Reece is getting so grown up! Her hair looks great!