Monday, August 13, 2012

.:Harper–Nine Months:.

Ahhh! I don’t understand how another month has come and gone.

What can I say about the Harpster? She continues to be such a joy!

SDC11614

Harper is a crawling fool! This baby is everywhere! She loves to explore our house, and especially loves to follow the older girls around. She is starting to get pretty quick, too! When Harper is on regular carpet, she’ll usually just crawl normally (unless she is working around a dress). But on any other surface, she does a Mogli walk – and is getting quite proficient at that as well! Within a couple of weeks of her crawling, Harper started pulling up on her knees to things, and occasionally on to her feet. She can pull up to the couch or other furniture, but doesn’t do it very often. But things that are slightly lower, like the trundle bed, saucer, or baby chair, she can more easily get up on her feet to those things. She’s just very curious and very busy and wants to be everywhere that we all are! I can’t even begin to imagine how fun it will be for all the girls once she is running around with them!

SDC11632

We finally have some teeth! Harper’s two bottom teeth broke through right when she started crawling. She’s definitely been our best teether so far. She is still happy and sleeping well. I hope we luck out for the rest of her teeth!

SDC11671

Harper started doing this little face where she opens her mouth really wide. It reminds me of a monkey for some reason, and looks like she is just trying to show off her teeth. I don’t know why, but I just love it. I think it’s super cute and super funny!

SDC11682

Eating continues to go well for Harper. I think she is getting to the point where she’s not loving the baby food anymore. She will still eat it, but it’s a push to get her to finish an entire jar. She much prefers to have whatever we’re having, and to be able to feed it to herself. She does a great job most of the time picking up small pieces and eating them. Cheese, fruit, and bread seem to be favorites!

SDC11677

Harper is noisy! She loves to yell, shout, talk, and squeal. She reminds me of her cousin Bobo. Even in Sunday School yesterday, I’m sure people were trying to will us out of there with her; she doesn’t make fussy sounds, but she is just very vocal! She must know that she is going to have to be loud to be heard in this house!

SDC11646

Sleeping is back on track, thank goodness! I still feed her when I go to bed, but then she will often sleep until eight or nine. It’s nice not having that 6 a.m. feeding! Now I just need to wean her off the feeding before I go to bed and I can start catching up on some sleep!

SDC11664

Reece and Remi love to play with Harper. They love to try to make her smile and laugh. Often, Remi and Harper will be off playing together somewhere. I think Remi likes being older than someone for a change! It’s really sweet, and I just hope that they will always want to spend time together!

SDC11644

We just love this baby and can’t believe how fast she is growing up!

SDC11667

At nine months, Harper likes:

- nursing
- eating
- squealing
- laughing
- talking
- shouting
- crawling
- kneeling
- standing
- playing with toys
- playing with Reece and Remi
- putting things in her mouth
- exploring
- Baby Einstein
- Mommy’s singing
- grabbing
- jumping
- drinking from a sippy

SDC11636

At nine months, Harper does not like:

- being left alone
- being in her car seat
- waiting to be fed

6 comments:

Haley Flowers said...

I can't get over how adorable she is! Cutest smile ever!

Sarah said...

I was gonna say what Haley said, she seriously has the best smile, it lights up her whole face....it's her trademark!

suzanne said...

She is a little star isn't she? Love her!

Dani said...

I love that she has some Bobo in her! She really is just one of the cutest little girls ever. We were just talking about her big, beautiful, surprised eyes today. Love 'em!

Mendel Family said...

I love that face she makes with her mouth open wide! We adore this little girl!!!

Sarah Jane said...

She is so cute, I can't believe she is crawling already!