Monday, November 19, 2012

.:Halloween 2012:.

I was asked to be a guest blogger for a handmade costume series, so I had the girls’ Halloween costumes ready fairly early this year. We went with Reece as Alice in Wonderland, Remi as the Mad Hatter, and Harper as the Cheshire Cat. I was pretty happy with how their costumes turned out!

SDC11983

SDC11985

SDC12019

On Halloween, we went over to my friend Jill’s house for dinner. It is the second year we’ve done this with our group of friends. Everyone brings part of the meal, and we all bring our bowls of candy to pass out – it’s a total score house for the trick or treaters!

This was the best picture I could snag of the three girls together.

SDC12500

It was a cool evening, but the kids were still able to eat outside on the deck.

SDC12506

SDC12504

SDC12507

After we all ate, it was time to head out to trick or treat. We had quite the herd! This is one of my favorite pictures of the nite – sisterly love!

SDC12509

Trick or treat!

SDC12510

We didn’t actually end up doing a whole lot of trick or treating; Harper was sick, and Remi got upset and we all ended up going home. I think it was a combo of being dark and a little scary, and just getting tired and not feeling well. Once we were home, the girls loved eating their candy and passing out candy to the other trick or treaters. I’m thinking next year we’ll go out while it is light and see if we have better luck!

No comments: