Saturday, November 8, 2014

.:Jabren - One Month:.



I cannot believe that this little guy is one month old!


I'm not sure how the time has flown so quickly when I'm getting by on 3-4 broken hours of sleep every nite, but somehow it has gone fast! 

Little Jabes is not the most content baby in the world. He is certainly not as difficult as Reece was, but he has his moments. I think that part of it is a mix of reflux and gassiness. He goes stiff as a board after every feeding when I try to burp him, and he is constantly squirming and grunting when he tries to poop and toot! I mostly just feel bad for the poor guy; he seems so uncomfortable all the time. I have suspected reflux from the very beginning (the other three all had it!) so I'm hoping that our pediatrician will just prescribe us the medicine now, and not make us wait until we go in for his two month appointment. Seems to be how our babies are made! There's not a whole lot we can do for his gassy problems. I do think he gulps down too much air when he eats; whether that's just something he does, or something related to latch problems from him being slightly tongue tied, I don't know. I'll probably discuss it with the doctor at his two month appointment.


Jabren only goes about 2 to 2 and a half hours between feedings, whether it's day or nite. He is a big boy, so I don't think that he needs to eat so frequently, especially at nite. But I'm not anywhere close to wanting to try any sort of training with him; he's too young! I think the nite time would go longer, but he just gets uncomfortable and wakes himself up with his gassy pains and then thinks he needs to eat. Which I oblige because that is all the sooner that we can both be back to sleep!


He is much more content if he is being held, especially by me. I really need to learn how to use my wrap so that I can accommodate him, but still have hands free to get things done around the house! He is just a yummy, snuggly bundle, and I can't say I mind spending my days on the couch with him in my arms.


His three sisters just adore him! Even when he is having his fussy moments, they don't ever get bothered by him; they are always just concerned that he is crying. They love to kiss him and rub his little head, and Reece is so great at trying to help calm him down by getting his binky, or rubbing his tummy. She also loves to hold him. It is fun to see how sweet they all are with him!



This little guy has been super aware since the beginning, responding by turning towards my voice, and even just seeming to see and focus early on. Lately he has really started to take an interest in things, and I swear he is ready to crack a smile! Sometimes he will make a little humming noise in response to me, and I love it. I can't wait until he starts getting more vocal! 


Jabren was obviously a healthy size at birth, and has continued to steadily gain weight. He was only in newborn clothes and diapers for about two weeks. He is very comfortably fitting into size one diapers and 0-3 month clothing. I have to admit, I was a little sad that the newborn size was so short lived; he is my baby and supposed to stay little longer! 


We just love our little guy, and can't imagine our family without him!



At one month, Jabren likes:

- nursing
- being held
- sleeping with mom (he likes to snuggle up and nuzzle in towards me)
- baths


At one month, Jabren does not like:

- being put down or left alone for too long
- getting dressed
- being in the swing or bouncer

No comments: