Thursday, January 8, 2015

.:Jabren - Three Months:.

Three months! How can it be?


Our sweet little Jabey man turned three months. I'm not really sure who gave him permission to keep growing, but I really wish he would slow it down a bit.


Jabes is still a pretty happy guy most of the time. He for sure has his baby moments where he just needs to let it out, or just wants to be held, but overall he is pretty good. He loves to smile, and I catch him so often just looking at me with a huge grin on his face. He was sick a couple of times during this month, and he turned into a very not happy baby during those times. It really made me appreciate how he normally is!


Jabren started a new trick: laughing! He first did it when we were in Oregon for Christmas. Josh had him in on the bed, and I was in the bathroom getting ready. I heard him laugh, and went into the bedroom to make sure that's what I had really heard! He doesn't do it super often, and he does it best for Josh, but he definitely has a little laugh going on. He is very ticklish, so this is the best way to bring out those delightful little sounds in him.


Jabren coos and talks some, but isn't an overly chatty baby so far. He is more likely to do it when I have him on the changing table. I imagine this will change as he realizes that you've gotta have a voice to be heard in this family of sisters. I do love to get those sweet little sounds out of him; our baby conversations are my favorite.


Jabes is still sleeping about the same. It got a bit worse while he wasn't feeling well; he was waking up at 1:30! I have really been trying not to pull him into bed until that last feeding before I get up, but for those few nites he was waking up way earlier than normal, I would just snuggle him back to sleep until it was really time to eat again. I never thought I would enjoy having a baby in my bed as much as I do. Now that he is feeling better, we've had some great nites where he doesn't even wake up until right when it's time to eat. I'm hoping he keeps this up! It's about time to move him into his room, and that will be much easier to do if he is only waking at the right eating times. I tried putting him in his room one nite, which went pretty well, but then I got really sick, and the thought of having to get up and walk down to his room during the nite while not feeling well was more than I could bear, so he is back in his crib in our room. Maybe this week we'll give it another go.


Jabes is a horrible napper. Which is about par for the course with our babies at this age. None of our babies have been great nappers until about four months old. I am still trying to work on it with him; I need him to so that I can get back to teaching piano again. He often wakes after 30-45 minutes. Sometimes I can get him back to sleep if I go rock him, and then he might stay asleep for awhile longer, or he might not. He has had a few afternoons lately where he has taken a decent nap on his own from the start, so maybe we are making some progress.


Jabren still loves to suck on his hands. He is great at working them out of his swaddle so that he can get to them. He will take the binky, but I often have to work hard to get him to take it. He just really loves his hands!


The playmat and some movie watching in his bouncer are still the only two activities that keep Jabren content for very long. And even then, still not a super long time. But it is nice that he has things that will hold his attention for a bit so that I can do other things that need to get done. We may have to start working on assisted sitting here soon, and give him another view to take in.


This little boy is SO loved by his sisters. Still. I'm really glad they love him, but sometimes I feel like I spend my day reminding them to get out of his face a little bit! He does like to watch them and smiles at them, but also gets overwhelmed when they are too much in his face.


We love Jabren so much and are so glad he is a part of our family!

 At three months old, Jabren likes:

- mom
- eating
- nuzzling
- baths
- being changed
- laying on the changing table
- smiling lots!
- laughing some
- sucking on his hands
- binky sometimes
- playmat (he loves the flashing light!)
- baby movies
- talking/cooing
- being held

At three months old, Jabren does not like:

- being left alone for too long
- being in his car seat for too long
- waiting for his food
- getting swaddled
- people in his face too much (usually his sisters!)

No comments: