Sunday, May 31, 2015

.:Spring Dance Recital:.

Reece and Remi have both been in dance classes this year; ballet/jazz combination classes. They have both had a fun year! Each of them had friends in their classes, which of course made it more fun. It took awhile for Rem to get into it; mostly because she gets so tired in the afternoon, and her class was in the afternoon. And we all know that typically, Rem is not going to do what she does not want to do! But we worked hard on getting her participating, and I'm really proud of how she finished out the last four months or so.
 
These two beauties loved getting all dressed up with makeup on for their performances!
 
 
Sweet sisters!
 
 
We loved Miss Michelle, who taught Reece's class. She was a great teacher and Reece adored her!
 
 
Reece had a bunch of buddies in her class this year.
 
 
Sassy girls!
 
 
One of Reece's good friends from school, Emeri, also takes dance at the same studio.
 
 
And a picture with her buddy Emerson, too!
 
 
Reece's class did their jazz dance this time, and it was super fun to watch. Reece did a great job, I was really proud of her performance skills! She is a natural on stage, and I had people tell me that she was the one they were drawn to. She sure knows how to shake it, and really feels the beat!
 
 
 
Reece was awarded a scholarship to go towards her dance tuition next year. It was a surprise, and I almost didn't make it to see it! I had ben taking Remi to her holding room, and figured I would just go grab Reece. Luckily I saw my friend Sarah in the hall and she had noticed that Reece was waiting to go on stage. I was able to dash inside and catch a bit of video of what her teacher was saying. I may have teared up a bit. But who am I kidding, I tear up just watching them both dance!
 
 
 
We had to leave quickly after Remi's performance, so I didn't have a chance to snap any pictures with her friends. Mom fail! My piano recital was that afternoon (with pre-school graduation later that evening) so we had a full, busy day. But I still feel badly about that! Luckily I was able to get a great video of her performance! Remi did awesome! Her class did a ballet dance to a song from Mulan, and I could tell that she knew the choreography; she was always ready for what was coming next! I was so proud of her for getting on stage and not being afraid to perform. Her dancing is so sweet!
 
 
 
So proud of my beautiful dancing girls!

Dance pictures from this year.





No comments: