Monday, November 10, 2008

.:Sweet Reece:.

Tonite as I was feeding Reece, I was just struck by how much I love her. I can't even begin to describe the feelings I have for her! I was thinking that that must be how our Heavenly Father feels about each of us. I just want her to have the best of everything possible! I feel so incredibly blessed, but also very humbled by the responsibility of being her mom. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father feels that Josh and I can be her parents. She is such a sweet little girl and I can't get enough of her.

Reece has started smiling so much now! She's also beginning to coo and 'talk' some, too. It has totally just erased all of the tough times..... well, almost! It certainly makes the tough times a lot more bearable. It is so cute to watch Josh with her. He just can't get enough of kissing her sweet face. It just melts my heart to see the two of them together.

I feel like we have turned a corner with her. She is doing better with her sleeping so far. Knock on wood! She is only getting up once during the nite now, which gives me some good 4-5 hour stretches of sleep. I feel like a new woman! (Isn't it sad that 4-5 hours of sleep can make someone feel that way!) I'm sure we'll still have our tough nites, but it's just going better all around. She has reflux, and the first medicine we tried - Zantact - was horrible. It was not helpful at all, and just gave her colicky symptoms. So she is on Prevacid now, and it seems to be helping a lot.

I had my six week checkup this past week. I have been feeling very overwhelmed, and at times lonely. Josh works a lot (which I am SO incredibly grateful for because it allows me to stay home with Reece) and I just don't really have much family around. Of course, I do have some very wonderful friends in the neighborhood, and I'm so grateful for them! But just those things, combined with some wacky hormones, prompted my midwife to think that I may be having a bit of post partum depression. She thinks I just need a little help to get through the next little bit so that things don't get worse, so she prescribed me an anti-depressant - Zoloft. I'm not sure if it could be working quite yet, but I've definitely been feeling a little better lately. We'll see what happens! I'm just grateful we have things to help us with situations like this.

So all around, I can't really complain too much. Life is good! Here are a few pictures of the babe. I can't stop taking pictures of her! Everytime I look at her she is just too cute! The last two pictures are from this past Sunday. We went to all of church for the first time, and this was her in her Sunday dress. She was a bit fussy at first, but pretty much slept through all of church. Good baby!