Friday, November 28, 2008

.:Thanksgiving:.

Our Thanksgiving wasn't anything to be excited about. Josh had to work both of his jobs, so he was gone for the whole day. It will be nice to get that time and a half on his next paychecks! Reece and I were going to go with Josh's dad, sister, and grandma to his aunt's house. But Reece decided to catch a little bit of cousin Millie's cold on Wednesday nite, so I was worried about her being around so many people. I knew she would be cranky, and on top of that, everyone would want to be holding her and touching her, which is also overwhelming to her! To top it all off, I ended up getting sick on Thanksgiving Day as well. Since last Thursday, I've been battling some sort of stomach bug. I've been throwing up and nauseous. So, Reece and I stayed home by ourselves! It didn't even really feel like Thanksgiving. But Josh's dad, sister, and grandma came by to visit us on their way home, which was really nice.

Even though it wasn't the greatest Thanksgiving ever, I still have so much to be thankful for:

* Josh. He puts up with my moodiness, works two jobs to provide for us and also allows me to be a stay at home mom, is a great husband and wonderful father, and a worthy priesthood holder who loves the gospel. I love him so much!
* Reece. Whenever she smiles at me, I just want to freeze the moment in time because it is the most precious thing I've ever seen. She is so beautiful and sweet, and I just love her so much. I feel so blessed to be her mom.
* Our families. They all love us and support us, and we are so blessed to have them behind us.
* Our friends. We have lots of wonderful friends that are so supportive and loving of us as well. I feel so grateful to live where we do, and to have made the friends that we've made.
* Our home. Even though we are so tight on money right now, it is nice to know that we own our home. It is great for what we need right now.
* Our cars. I'm so glad we have these to help us get where we need to be, and even better is that we have no car payments!
* The gospel. Without this, it seems like our lives would be meaningless. It's so wonderful to know of our Father in Heaven and our Savior, and how much They love us and care for us. I'm so grateful to know the truth of this life, and our purpose here.
* Prophets and modern day revelation.
* The scriptures.
* Temples.
* Our freedom.
* Diet Coke. (Yeah, seems shallow, but seriously. I can't live without it!)

I could go on and on I'm sure. We have so much to be grateful for, and I know that I need to remember these things on more than just one day out of the year!