Friday, July 23, 2010

.:Salem:.

Remi had her first plane ride! I flew up to Oregon at the beginning of July with the girls (and with my sister in law, Nikki, and her baby, Jay). We headed up to kick off our two week long vacation! We started off in Salem, where my brother and his wife live with their three boys.

It was Fourth of July weekend, so we all had our matching t-shirts from Old Navy! (Josh was probably really glad he didn't have to get in on that!)

We went hiking down to this amazing waterfall. It was a little slippery, so I was kind of nervous about falling with Remi in the carrier, but luckily we didn't have any accidents. I thought Reece would love walking around, but of course, she mostly wanted to be held. It was nice to have family around to help me with that! Although, thanks to little miss Reece, on the way back UP, I had Rem in the carrier and Reece on my hip - we'll chalk it up to an amazing workout.

Here's all the girls with the four newest babies in our fam.


Reece walking with Uncle Ben.


Reece and Andi


Me and the Remster


Reece and Gramzee


After our little hike, we headed back to Ben and Sharon's to BBQ. It was nice to just hang out, relax, and chat with everyone!

Remi and Jay - cousins born 11 days apart!


Reece's action shot with the pop-its - she LOVED them and actually did a really good job throwing them so they'd pop!


We were sadly misinformed about there being fireworks that nite, and ended up down by the river for the non-existent show. But there was a great playground for the kids to play on, and then we rode the carousel. Reece loves carousels, so she was in heaven!


All the gals in their matching shirts...


and all the guys.


The main reason we were all up in Salem that weekend is because it was my newest nephew's blessing day. Little Hudson was born at the beginning of June, and he is just precious!

Ben, Sharon, and Hudson


The Stewart fam that was able to be there.


With Mom and Dad


It was a super fun weekend, and I'm so glad that I got to be there for Hudson's blessing. Ben did a great job and I was so excited to finally meet Hudson!

More to come from our fabulous Oregon vacation....

2 comments:

Sharon said...

We had a fun weekend didn't we?! Thanks again so much for coming to the blessing, it really meant a lot to have you here!

Mendel Family said...

I love the action shot of Reece with the fire crackers!