Tuesday, July 20, 2010

.:Grandpa Stewart:.

My grandpa passed away towards the end of May and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. He lived up in Logan and was 96 years old! He lived a long, full life! While it was a sad occasion that brought us all together, it was nice to be able to re-connect with family.

Before the service there was a viewing. Once that was over, we had a family prayer.


The service was held at my grandparent's long time church. It was a really nice service (aside from noisy Reece!) My dad, aunt, and uncle all spoke, and each of us grandkids shared a special memory as well. We sang a musical number, and I was able to play piano for the opening and closing hymns.


Grandpa went out in style - riding in this classy Cadillac!


My grandpa received military honors, so it was neat to have that aspect to the graveside service. It really is amazing to think about the things he experienced.





We have Scottish heritage, so there was also a bagpipe player there. It really set the tone for the graveside service. It was just powerful and silencing. When it was over, the bagpipe player just kept playing as he walked out of the cemetary. It was so neat.


Here's the Stewart legacy!


And our original Stewart clan (plus Jay).


Aren't my parents so cute?


My dad with my aunt and uncle.


We were glad to be able to spend the time together and support my dad through his loss. Hopefully a happier occasion will bring all of us together in the near future!

1 comment:

Mendel Family said...

Looks like it was a beautiful service. What a neat thing to have the military honor.