Sunday, November 28, 2010

.:Remi - Eight Months:.

I went to type the title for this and put in seven months again! I guess I can't wrap my head around the fact that yet another month has passed and now our sweet little babe is eight months old.


Remi continues to be the best, easiest, sweetest baby ever! Unless she's teething, you really couldn't ask for a better temperment for a baby.


We made the move to have Remi and Reece in the same room, full time at nite. So far it's going pretty well. I think they are learning to block out each other's sounds, for the most part. Sometimes they like to try and wake up at 6:30, but usually they last until 7:00-7:30.


Ever since moving into her real crib, Remi has been starting to roll both ways - finally! I guess she just needed to be forced into it. I was starting to get a little worried, so I'm glad she does okay with that now. She still doesn't do it a ton when she is out with us playing, but I don't stress about it since I know she can do it.


Remi is starting to show some interest in getting mobile! I was kind of hoping she'd wait until after Christmas so that I didn't have to worry about her at my parent's house at Christmas. Lots of stairs there! We'll see if she makes much progress in the next few weeks.


Remi still isn't the biggest fan of baby food. We do it twice a day, and she still averages about 1/3-1/2 a jar per feeding. She likes bananas and prunes. I think she is just more into real food. She likes bread, avocado, and real bananas as well. I'm going to try to start introducing more of that into her diet.


The Remster has always liked to be held, but she's never been much of a snuggler. Until now. Just within the past week or so, she is all of the sudden laying her head on your shoulder when it is time to go down for a nap or bed, and when you get her up. It is so sweet and I don't ever want to put her down when she does it. I'm hoping this lasts for awhile! I love it!


Tooth number three finally broke through today! She's got three along the bottom. Once again, she had a terrible time of it. This girl does not do well with teething at all. But now that it is through, she is back to her wonderful, usual, happy self! I guess it will always be easy to tell when she is teething; she's really not fussy otherwise!

At eight months Remi likes:

- snuggling
- 'real' food: bananas, avocado, bread
- mum mums, puffs, yogurt melts
- smiling
- laughing
- watching/playing with Reece
- sitting
- nursing
- toys: seahorse, laptop, balls
- having air blown in her face
- baths
- splashing
- squealing
- talking/cooing
- kisses
- sleeping
- feeling things

At eight months Remi does not like:

- teething (neither do the rest of us!)
- being in her car seat too long (got rid of her infant one this past week!)
- bottles
- binky (except for chewing on)
- baby food
- being cold
- being left alone too long

Love this little lady!


5 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

Loving the red hair! She's going to be a firecracker...in a good way!

Camilla said...

Too cute! Glad the shared bedroom is working out for you...I'd be scared putting Anneli in Jonathan's room, aaaaah! The kid knows how to climb IN to the crib, so she wouldn't be safe.
How funny that she has 3 teeth.
And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that she won't be super mobile anytime real soon!

Sarah Jane said...

Oh my word! She is so dang cute! and I love all the fun dresses she is wearing in the pics!

Mendel Family said...

I can't believe she is 8 months either! I love that first picture of her in that dress! Our kids are getting big way too fast! Glad the bedroom is going well. I am nervous about having to eventually do that as well.

suzanne said...

Where did the past 8 months go? Sad bones...........bring her here - quick!