Friday, December 10, 2010

.:Reecey Girl:.

With little Rem getting her own post each month, I figured it was time to do a little post on this spitfire. Our Reecey girl is just so full of life and personality!


Reece is really into dress up right now. She loves to put on her 'pretty dress' and then adorn herself with necklaces, glasses, bracelets, purses, headbands, and shoes galore! It is so cute to watch her doing it and then strut around the house in her duds.


Christmas has been fun with Reece this year. She is obsessed with Rudolph and Frosty. She points them out wherever she sees any reindeer or snowman! We bought a set of the old classics, and they have been well used this holiday season. She calls Frosty - Froty (no 's') and Rudolph - Rufolph. It is so cute. We also have a nativity out that is just a Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus all together in one piece. She likes to go over to it and say, "Baby Jesus" and then tell us to "Shhh" because He is sleeping. She also gives the nativity hugs. Sweet!


She is also very into singing and dancing. We sing songs all the time, and she is getting so good at saying the right words and the right time. She likes to 'raise the roof' and disco. I wish I could tap into some of her energy - she's always on the go!


Reece is also such a sweetheart. Whenever she gives us a hug, she always says, "Ohhh..." while giving the hug. And any hug must be completed with a kiss. She's so giving with her love. She is always coming up to Josh, Remi, or me and giving us hugs, kisses, and saying, "I love you Mama" (or whoever she's hugging!) It is totally unprompted, and it continues to melt my heart everytime. Someone told me it was the best when kids said it to you without you saying it first, and it really is. I never get tired of hearing it!


Reece likes to share with Remi most of the time, and often she will get out toys for Remi without us saying anything or asking her to.

Reece also likes to say "all done" after just about everything. "All done nap" after a nap. "All done song" after a song. "All done hunger" after a meal. Whenever she says it, it is always accompanied by a single clap on the last word. I love it! She also likes to say, "Whatcha doin'?" and "Whatcha got?" Some other cute things she says are, "That's nummy good!", "Remi (Memi)'s silly!", and all of us are "my daddy", "my mama", "my sister". She's possessive! :)


Don't let her sweet moments fool you, though. Reece has quite the little sassy face to her. She doesn't quite know how to talk back yet, but she has become quite adept at telling me 'no', 'don't', and 'stop it.' I wonder where she learned those from...oh yeah, probably from me! Oops, better be more careful with what I say to her. I am learning that when she is being sassy, it helps none to get frustrated or upset with her - that just makes it worse. I have to be patient and calm, and she responds much better to that. Easier said than done sometimes, though!


Luckily those sassy moments are not as often as the sweet moments, and we just can't get enough of this spunky little gal!


4 comments:

Haley Flowers said...

She is just too cute!

Mendel Family said...

Love her! I love when they start to say "I love you" without any prompting! I love when Luke does that! Such little turkey's, but what would we do without them?!

Sarah Jane said...

So cute! I love this post!

suzanne said...

The picture of her by the fish looks an awful lot like you at that age. I find myself surprised by this because she is def her daddy's girl!

I think she's channeling Cindy Lauper...........I know how to do 80's bangs..............