Sunday, December 12, 2010

.:Thanksgiving 2010:.

We spent Thanksgiving this year with Josh's mom out in Grantsville. We headed out there early in the day with one excited toddler and one crabby, teething baby. Reece loves going out there because there are lots of toys and, more importantly, lots of undivided attention! Remi was working on a tooth that day, so she was not so happy for most of the time. Somehow, she ended up turning happy in the evening - thank goodness!

We had a grammar quiz, courtesy of Josh's brother, and I'm proud to say that I won! (Should I be proud since I missed EIGHT???) There was also some Thanksgiving trivia thrown in as well. The day was spent eating (I didn't have a single bite of turkey - we had ham, too, and we all know how I feel about ham!), playing games, and just enjoying each other's company.

This is the only picture I got while we were out there: Reece and cousin Millie at their new table. Perfect size for them!


And a few pictures of our turkeys before we headed out there!



We definitely have a lot to be grateful for this year, as in years past. I get frustrated sometimes with the day to day things, and I just have to stop myself and realize how fortunate we are to live in this country, have the gospel in our lives, and have our families and each other. There's even smaller things to be grateful for. Like sewing and Diet Coke. :)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks like a fun time! Your girls always look so cute, and they are both getting so big! Can't wait to see you guys in a week!!!

Dani said...

Amen to sewing and Diet Coke... oh yeah, and family too. :) Speaking of, we get to see you in two days!!!!!!

Mendel Family said...

I love your turkey's! I love having a holiday that reminds me to be thankful! We sure are thankful for your friendship!