Friday, May 13, 2011

.:Round Three:.


APRIL 14th, 2011

Wow. Pregnant. Again! And on accident. Again! I'd been feeling a little off for the past week or so, and noticed that I wasn't finishing my Diet Coke. May sound silly, but that's really unusual for me! Combine that with a bloody nose yesterday, and throwing up the this morning and I figured that I better see what was going on. I was so surprised to see those two lines! And to be perfectly honest, scared. We weren't quite planning to get pregnant this soon. There is a lot up in the air, and we weren't thinking of trying until the summer. I feel like I've got my hands full most of the time with Reece and Remi, anyway, so I was okay waiting a little bit longer. I'm not quite sure how it happened - I was on birth control again, and still nursing! But I guess this baby is supposed to come! Bring on the usual rounds of bloodwork!

APRIL 15th, 2011

I had my bloodwork today. I'm still pregnant! The nurse said my levels are high enough for an ultrasound, so I don't have to do a repeat draw. I've got the ultrasound scheduled for Monday morning. Hope everything looks okay!

APRIL 18th, 2011

We saw the baby today! And that flashing little heartbeat. It never gets old, really! Everything checked out great, and I am measuring at 7 weeks 3 days. According to the ultrasound, my due date is December 2nd. So crazy! My first appointment is on May 5th. Now where's my 7up....

APRIL 25th, 2011

Ugh. The nausea. Someone make it stop, please.

APRIL 28th, 2011

I am so ready to start telling people about this baby. I have to catch myself from saying things all the time. My plan, if Josh agrees, is to tell families on Mother's Day. I'll be 10 weeks then, and will already have had my first appointment. If my doctor follows suite from last time, we should have another cute little picture of the baby to share. What better gift could we give our moms for Mother's Day, anyway?

Feeling okay today. I've been surprised with how tired I've been. I nap at least every other day, and sometimes more frequently than that. Not eating makes me feel nauseous, eating makes me feel nauseous - it's lose lose. I'm already starting to pooch a little bit. It happened this early with Remi, too. Looking nice and chubby, not pregnant. Awesome.

MAY 4th, 2011

Definitely pooching. Still not looking pregnant, but there's a belly there; just looks like I ate too many oreos or something.

The nausea hasn't been as bad lately, but the fatigue definitely has. And I haven't been having my naps because I watch my friends' baby during the day, so there's usually at least one kid awake all afternoon. I'm totally wiped out by about 4:00-4:30, but at least I sleep well at nite.

Can't wait for my appointment tomorrow!

MAY 5th, 2011

I had my appointment today! My doctor gave me a big hug when she first came in. She is so happy and excited for us, and she was surprised to see me back in there so soon! I had just been in for my yearly a few weeks earlier and told her that we'd probably be back in the summer with a new pregnancy. Little did either of us know that I was already pregnant at the time! She really is just the greatest; I adore her.

All we did was go over some of the information in my little goodie bag that I got, and then she did an ultrasound. Baby was reclining in there, looking so cute! Baby was measuring about two days ahead of where I'm at, so my due date will remain the same: December 2nd. She also let me hear the heartbeat, which never gets old. She sent me home with a cute little picture of our babe to share with Josh and everyone else.

After that, it was off to get about six vials of blood drawn. So much fun.

Can't believe this is really happening!

MAY 8th, 2011

We broke the news to our families today. Everyone is really excited for us. I don't think anyone was expecting it, either. It's nice to finally be able to talk about it with people! I am hoping Josh will be okay with me telling friends and everyone else soon, too. Just ready to have it out there.

The nausea seems to be pretty much gone now. Yay! I'm still pretty tired, but even that seems to be curbing a little bit. Hopefully I'll be able to start drinking my Diet Coke again soon. :) My belly is still mostly just looking like I ate too much, but it's definitely pooching out more. It will be nice to get a little bit further along and feeling better. The middle part of pregnancy is always the best!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I thought I was pregnant for a while because I was 2 weeks late, would have been due in December too...turns out I was just two weeks late. Good luck with everything!

Sarah said...

I am just so excited to meet your third babe...he/she will be just has just as their two cute sistas!

Sharon said...

Congrats again! That was fun to read. It made me realize that you were pregnant when we saw you in Utah....and you were probably "pregnant sick" that night at the Braza Grill.....

Anyway, we are really excited for you guys!!!

suzanne said...

Oh yeah, the Braza grill...you were wiped out and not feeling well! How in the heck did you keep it a secret? So fun to read your journal entries. Thanks for sharing! And Katie, I've lost the ability to look at your blog! I would love to keep track of you!

Mendel Family said...

I can't ever keep it a secret for long either, but that is because I am usually throwing everything up! I am so excited for you!! I am afraid I am not going to be able to keep up with you on this one though! I will miss that since our first two are each four months apart. Let me take your girls one day too, you sound like you need some rest and relaxation!

Dyan said...

Congrats Summer! That is a fun surprise for sure! Hope you're feeling better and better as the days tick on!

Sarah said...

Wow! Congrats Summer! Super exciting!

Haley Flowers said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys. So I'm assuming you knew when I was doing your hair, and I think its funny how many questions I was asking you about having more kids! You were probably wanting me to shut up! :)

Sarah Jane said...

Congrats Summer! That is really exciting! I bet Reese is excited!