Friday, July 29, 2011

.:22 Weeks:.

I'm 22 weeks today! Most days I feel like how can I only be x far along? This pregnancy is definitely dragging, big time. But at the same time, I'm in no rush for this baby to come out; I'm not ready for a newborn quite yet, so I probably shouldn't complain about how slowly it's going! I'm sure once fall and the holidays start, things will start moving much more quickly!

I've been feeling pretty good. My belly isn't too in the way yet, so I'm still able to do quite a bit without feeling too much of a difference. Reece is starting to get into it a bit more, and talks about the 'baby in Mommy's tummy' a lot. She has a Barbie mermaid movie, and the main character's name is Aleena, and that is what she would like to name the baby. It's cute that she's taking an interest in it!

My headaches have continued to rage on. I don't think they are migraines; I've never had one so I don't know what to compare them to, but they are definitely pretty horrible. My doctor prescribed me a medication for them at my last appointment, which I just recently got filled. (There is only one pharmacy in the valley that has it, and it is nowhere near our house.) It usually helps when I take it, but not all the time. So I especially try not to take it too often; I don't really like taking medicines when I'm pregnant unless I have to, so I'm trying to use it sparingly.

I feel like this past month I have totally ballooned up. You know when you just start feeling like you gained a lot of weight? I always feel it in my thighs first, and they are definitely venturing into the category of thunder thighs these days! I'm still exercising five days a week, and trying to eat decently, but it is what it is. I was shocked (and thrilled!) to hear that I've only gained eight pounds the entire pregnancy. We'll just pretend like five of those pounds weren't in the past month. Oops.

I had an appointment today, and I was able to talk to my doctor about my ultrasound results. I'm a worrier by nature, but I don't know that there's anyone who wouldn't worry if they were told there's a possibility that something might be not normal with your baby. My doctor said that she has it happen multiple times each year with patients of hers, and that - knock on wood - it has never resulted in anything other than a perfectly healthy baby. But she also said that it was right of me to be appropriately concerned because it is something to be worried about. It kind of made me feel a little validated about how I've been feeling. I'm trying not to be too pre-mature with my thoughts and feelings, but at the same time, I think it's completely naive to just expect that things are going to be totally fine. Of course I am hoping that things are going to be totally fine, but I feel like I need to be mentally prepared for any news; if something is wrong, it's usually not the kinds of things that she will just grow out of someday - it will be more than that.

So that's where we're at with that. My follow up ultrasound is in about a week and a half. Also something else that is totally dragging! But it will be nice to have a peek at her again, and see our beautiful baby.

She is starting to bump around in there more, and I know I am starting to pop out more, so I'm happy that she is growing and busy! It really never gets old feeling her move around in there.

I found the baby name book today, so it's time to start thinking about names! I'm sure Kirra will be on our list again, but that's really all I can think of right now. We will definitely NOT be going with another 'R' name; it just happened that way with Reece and Remi, but that's not really our thing. We're open to suggestions!

Here I am in my 22 week glory.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am getting so excited for you! Sorry it's dragging...when you posted your 22 weeks I was thinking how fast it has seem to gone...I'll channel those thoughts your way :) Anyways, I can't wait to meet her and I think you have the cutest little bump. PS Thanks for being such an awesome friend, I seriously don't know what I would do without you! I love how we are so alike!!

Sarah Jane said...

Ok, so you look so small and you are so cute prego! (not fair!) I agree with Sarah, I can't believe you are already 22 weeks! Crazy!

nison (nic + allison) said...

You look beautiful Summer!

Mendel Family said...

I have said it before, and I will say it again...I would love to look like you when I am pregnant! You get the darling pop and you look simply gorgeous! Anyway, you are right to worry I would be the same way! I am sure things will be fine, but it is always good to be prepared mentally. Sorry about the headaches too, that is a major bummer! It is all worth it though for another darling Andrus girl!