Wednesday, July 13, 2011

.:Triple Threat:.

This entire pregnancy, I've once again thought that we were having a little boy.

And once again, I was wrong.

Reece and Remi are getting a little SISTER!


I had a few moments a few weeks ago where I thought she was a girl, but then these past few days I was just sure she was a boy. But I woke up this morning and started getting the girly vibes again. It took awhile for the tech to get a good shot of her goodies, but throughout the ultrasound I was pretty sure that I could tell it was a girl.


(Foot)

Reece was totally right! I asked her multiple times, asking differently each time whether it was a girl baby or boy baby, and each time she was adamant that it was a girl baby!


(Spine)

This little lady hasn't been very active until the past few days. And she sure was active during the ultrasound today! She was kicking and punching and fighting back every time the tech poked at her to try to get her to move.


(Looking straight on)

She was being extremely difficult, and was either curled up in a little ball, or had her back arched, as you can see in the picture below.


She kept opening and closing her mouth during the ultrasound. In the picture below, you can actually see her tongue! I think it looks like she is laughing at us. We may be in trouble having these three little gals in a row!


There was one little hiccup. Apparently her bowel looked a little off color. This could be an indicator of nothing - just a weird, off color for whatever reason. Or it could be an indicator of cystic fibrosis, down syndrome, or some other things. I didn't have the screening at the beginning of this pregnancy. I'll go back in 4 weeks to have a repeat ultrasound and see if the discoloration is still there and requires further testing or not.

(Apparently it's called Echogenic Bowel. You can read more about it here. In earlier ultrasounds, there was some blood showing up, so maybe baby just swallowed some?)


(Profile and arm)

The doctor was very clear that it looked very mild, and his gut feeling was that it was absolutely nothing. He said he just wanted to keep a balance of being on the safe side versus starting a barrage of tests without knowing if there was really a cause for concern. I'm hoping it will just be nothing, and we'll just be in for a fun little show seeing our little gal again.


(Fist - she was definitely using it the entire ultrasound!)

Aside from that, she looks absolutely perfect! I know we are going to love having three little girls, and I'm just in love with her already!

Let the name game begin!

6 comments:

Mendel Family said...

They got some great shots of her! Can't wait to meet another girl Andrus! I also can't wait to see what you decide to name her since I love Reece and Remi's names! I hope all is well and that the next ultrasound proves that she is good and healthy! Bring on the triple threat!

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for you guys...you make the cutest girls and the cutest girl stuff so she is set!! Can't wait to meet her congrats!

Nikki said...

I am so excited we get to have babies close again! I know they won't be AS close as Jay and Rem, but still close. :) Can't wait to hear your name options!

suzanne said...

Beautiful!

Haley Flowers said...

I thought both my girls were boys too! Funny :) Congrats to you guys! I am so happy for you. Josh is sure going to be out numbered now

Taryn said...

Wahoo!!! Little girls are so much fun. (as you totally know!) Besides, you make such cute baby girls. Can't wait to see what she looks like.