Saturday, August 27, 2011

.:Answered Prayers:.

The girls and I headed into the doctor on Friday for my weekly heartbeat check. After how often baby's heart was skipping the week before (about once every five beats), I was feeling pretty certain that we were going to be spending some time at the doctor's office every week, possibly for the rest of my pregnancy.

Before my doctor put the doppler on my stomach, she said, "Let's see how many PAC's we can hear today." Even she wasn't anticipating what we were about to hear.

We heard baby's heartbeat right away, and my doctor had asked me a question. I started to answer, but stopped mid-sentence when I realized that baby's heart wasn't skipping at all. We both just sat there in silence and listened to a perfectly steady little heartbeat. My doctor said that we should go for another 30 seconds to make it a full minute, and sweet little girl's heart sounded just perfect! We were both so shocked and surprised. My doctor said she hadn't expected it to resolve anytime soon with how frequently it was skipping just barely over a week ago.

She decided to have me come back in two weeks for another listen, which will also coincide with when I need to take my glucose test (barf).

I just feel so grateful that our prayers were answered, and one less stressor was taken from our family this week. To be honest, it's just been kind of rough at our house between the baby's health problems, Josh starting up with school and clinicals again, me having three callings and Josh being in the EQ presidency, and trying to balance it all. I know that everyone goes through stuff like this, but it's just been a lot lately for us - and my pregnant hormones! :)

The Lord has been answering my prayers through small and simple things, like helping me to understand that I pretty much have the greatest friends a girl could ask for. I'm sure I would have cracked under the stress lately if I didn't always have people checking on us to see how we're holding up. I know I've kind of checked out on being a good friend/sister/daughter lately, and I'm hoping I can get my act together soon here!

Just feeling so grateful for the news, and hoping things continue with an upward trend. Just need her heart to stay steady, and that bowel to look normal, and then we'll be almost ready to have a baby! (Yes, almost. I'm still not quite to the point where I prefer her out than in). I know the Lord is mindful of us, and I know we're going to get through this. Just gotta take it one day at a time. Okay, sometimes even just take it one hour at a time!

Luckily I have these two beauties to help me appreciate everything we've been blessed with!



PS - We are down to double digits on my ticker - whoa!

7 comments:

Mendel Family said...

I was so happy to hear that baby girls heart beat is back to normal! Such good news! I know you guys have had a lot on your plate, and it is just nice to have some good news!

Stacy said...

So happy that everything is okay with baby girl. And, Summer, you are a great friend. You have been here for me so much lately. If teaching is too much, let me do it. You can just help me control the kids !!! Really, I don't mind at all...

Dani said...

So grateful for answered prayers! We can't wait to meet that little beauty! Hopefully you guys will have a fun, relaxing weekend with Mom in town. Sounds like it will be much needed!!! Love you!

Sarah said...

I seriously am so happy you finally got some good news about baby girl...you deserve it! Sorry things have been so crazy for you...let me know if you ever need to chat again...I'm always up for it! Your seriously so amazing!

Haley Flowers said...

SO happy you guys got some good news! :)

Sarah Jane said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything is good so far. I totally understand about feeling overwhelmed, just know that our Father in Heaven will never allow us to be tested beyond what we can endure! He is always there for us, even at our weakest moments. Hang in there, and you are entitled to be a bit selfish now and then!

Sarah said...

Such good news! Prayers are with you!