Wednesday, September 14, 2011

.:Gramzee's Visit:.

We were so lucky to have my mom come to visit and stay with us over Labor Day weekend. We were sad that Grandpa couldn't come, too, but we had a fabulous time with my mom. The girls just ate it up having my mom's attention!

We spent one afternoon hanging out, and letting the kiddos dress up in princess aprons. Yes, even Jay got in on it.


One day, we headed out to Discovery Gateway. All of the kids had a great time running around and playing, but the biggest hit were the water tables. Remi was basically soaked by the end of our time there, and I think Nikki had to take Jay's shirt to the dryer in the bathroom before we could leave!


Reece loved dressing up and playing house.


Remi spent some time cruising around and, of course, sucking on the bottle. (That girl puts everything in her mouth.)


We hit the mall one morning, and after finding some great deals on some kiddie clothes, we rewarded their patience with us shopping by letting them ride the train and the carousel. Reece has always loved the carousel, but Remi was not a fan. After about two spins around, I had to un-buckle her and hold her. Silly pansy girl...


Even though we did all of those fun activities, I think my girls' favorite part of having Gramzee here was playing on her ipad (their parents are very not technologically advanced and don't have fun toys like this!),


and playing in and on Gramzee's suitcase. Remi liked putting things in the suitcase, and there was even a stowaway dinosaur that made it back to Oregon!


Somehow, we managed to fit in a girl's nite and an adult dinner with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. It was so nice to be out kidless, and be able to shop and have a sit down meal. We even were able to hit a movie! We did commit a sin and didn't make it to Cafe Rio while my mom was here. Guess she'll just have to come back soon....

It was soooo nice to have her here. I really wish we lived closer and were able to see each other more often! Thanks for coming to visit Gramzee. When are you coming back?


4 comments:

Sarah said...

So fun!! Glad you guys all got to enjoy having your mom here...I love that last pic of them....Reece's smile is so cute in it too!!

suzanne said...

We did have a great time! I think I will be back next month with Grandpa in my suitcase!

Sharon said...

It really is nice to have your own mom come and visit....nothing is better! Glad you had such a great time!

Mendel Family said...

Glad you had a good visit with your mom! Grandmas are the best!