Monday, October 6, 2014

.:Fake Out:.

This old body of mine is sure enjoying teasing me and dragging out the end of this pregnancy. I was having plenty of irregular contractions all throughout the day yesterday. I wasn't sure it would really turn into anything, but just before midnite, they started picking up and becoming pretty regular, pretty fast. These were real contractions, not Braxton Hicks; I was having to breathe through them. In general, they were coming about every 5-6 minutes apart, and lasting from about 45-60 seconds. Some were closer together, some were further apart. Around 2 a.m. I figured that maybe I should start getting stuff ready to go in case this baby decided it was time to come into the world. I told Josh that we might be having a baby soon, and started putting a few final things into my hospital bag. Aaaand then, around 3:30 the contractions started getting further apart, and by 4:00, they were done. Just completely stopped. It was really depressing. It had felt so real, and just like how it was when I had Harper. I had been this.close to calling Sam and Nikki to get one of them over to our house. Sure glad I didn't! 

Now, today I am just super exhausted and super sore - my back is really hurting from the contractions (I read somewhere that it could be from baby trying to get down lower into my pelvis?) and I just feel bruised inside; on top of the contractions, baby was super super active and rolling, kicking, punching - you name it - basically the whole time. I'm not sure if he helped or hindered the labor! 

I just feel close to tears about everything today. I know it is ridiculous, I'm having this baby in a week or less, so I need to stop being a baby about it. It's just really frustrating to think it is finally happening, only for it not to! I hope this doesn't happen again! I'm losing mucus like crazy, and between the contractions, being so dilated and effaced already, it seems like he should just come out. Right???



No comments: