Sunday, February 8, 2015

.:Jabren - Four Months:.

Four months already? Stop it!



I seriously can't believe another month has passed with this delicious boy baby. We are still just so enamored with him.


Jabes LOVES to suck on his hands. He does not have much to do with his binky unless he is super tired and I force it on him. But he will suck on his hands all the day long. I do think he has been feeling some teething stuff for a little bit now, too, because he has turned into the biggest drooly mess! He also often gnaws on individual fingers, where his normal hand sucking is just what it looks like in this picture. Either way, it's a great self soother!


This baby also really loves his baths, being naked, and getting changed. Still! He is often at his happiest when any of those things are happening. I am also often happy when any of those things are happening because I can't get enough of his arm rolls and cute little body!


We have started working on sitting with this new seat we have this time around. He doesn't super love it, but as long as people are around him and giving him some attention, he will stay in it for short periods of time. 


Jabren's sisters are all obsessed with him. They are constantly loving on him, wanting to make him laugh and smile, wanting to hold him, anything. I absolutely love it. It is so sweet how much they care about him. He loves all of them, and will almost always give them some of his best smiles and laughs, but he seems to especially love Rem. It's pretty dang cute. (And I have no idea how I have zero recent pictures of Rem and Jabes together. Must get on that!)



Jabes is growing like a weed. He is a healthy boy! I switched out his 0-3 month clothes for 3-6 month clothes awhile back, and I feel like half of those already don't fit! He seems to have a really long torso, so lots of onesies and jammies just don't quite work. Most sleeves are also too short!


Jabren has become a lot more talkative lately. He coos, squeals, and gurgles way more than he used to. I love having conversations with him! He laughs much more easily now as well for all of us. He is by far our most ticklish baby, so it's pretty easy to get laughs out of him that way. His laugh is definitely not a belly laugh, but more of a grunting laugh. 


I've still got Jabren sleeping in our room. I don't know if it's because he is our last baby, or if I'm just lazy, or if it's a mix of both, but I am just not ready to do it. He really only gets up once during the nite between when I feed him before I go to bed, and around 6ish, when I top him off for the morning. He is always sleeping in his own bed (until 6, I feed him in bed and let him sleep there until about 8), but I just like having him right there next to me. I know part of it is that I don't want to have to walk down to his room to feed him during the nite (too tired!) and we don't actually have anywhere to sit in his room, so it's not ideal. But the other part is that I do just like having him close. I don't feel the need to sleep train him yet, he may just end up doing it on his own. But it's working out alright for now, so we're just going to stick with it! I've even gotten some solid 4-4.5 hour stretches out of him lately, so I think we're moving in the right direction.


Napping is still not great. Sometimes if I go rock him and put his binky back in when he wakes up at the half hour mark, I can get him back to sleep for a real nap. But often a half hour at a time is all we get. I just keep trying to be consistent with the routine so that when he is ready to take real naps, everything will be in place already. 


We truly adore our Jabey man, and can't wait to see what the next month brings!


At four months, Jabren likes:

- mom, sisters, and most women (ladies man!)
- eating
- nuzzling
- baths
- being changed
- being naked
- play mat
- bouncer chair
- sucking on his hands and fingers
- being tickled
- standing (if you are sitting down, then he basically only wants to be standing in your lap)
- talking/cooing
- laughing
- being held
- baby movies



At four months, Jabren does not like:

- being in his car seat for too long
- taking naps longer than 30 minutes
- getting swaddled
- people in his face too much (sister problem!)
- being left alone

No comments: