Monday, April 6, 2009

.:Mmm mmm good:.

We have only tried two flavored foods with Reece, other than rice cereal and oatmeal. Peas and prunes. After about five tries, it appears that she is actually starting to dislike peas worse than before! At first I could get her to take about 10 bites, but today we were down to one bite before she was freaking out. We'll give them a few more tries before we throw in the towel on them for awhile. I wasn't planning on starting fruits with her until she had tried all the veggies, but she was having some bowel troubles yesterday and needed a little bit of help. (It was awful and sad to see/hear her in so much pain - it made me cry, too!) But, she does love the prunes! We also got her some prune juice today to add to her bedtime bottle. She seems to be getting better - we just have a nasty case of diaper rash. I'll be glad when her poor little bum is better. I'm sure she will, too! Prunes will probably be the only fruit we'll have before we get through the rest of the veggies.

She has been so happy lately. I think starting solids has really made the difference! Her little personality just keeps emerging more and more. I just can't get enough of her - she's so much fun!

The weather was gorgeous today, so Josh and I took Reece for a walk once he got home from work. It was so nice to be able to do that together. I'm ready for spring!

A few pictures of the babe:




6 comments:

suzanne said...

That first picture looks like a dance move to me! Could she be any cuter?

Haley Flowers said...

That sounds exactly like our try with solids with Kenzie. The only veggie she would eat was sweet potatoes. But she loved prunes and all fruits. Hopefully you'll have a better veggie eater than us! I love the pictures, she is adorable!

Camilla said...

She really is such a cutie! Sweet potatoes are definitely a fave among babies I think. It's those veggies in the 'GREEN' family that aren't so much (peas, green beans, broccoli), as least that's my knowledge according to Jonathan.
I applaud your intro to veggies first....our try didn't work out so much cause the grandparents keep feeding him crap! Grrrr. We just gave up. He still gets his veggies for dinner though!

Mendel Family said...

I loved when we got to solid foods! I think Luke was much happier as well! Reece is a cutie! I hope her little bum feels better soon :)

Dani said...

I LOVE that first picture!! I just want to kiss that girls' face off!

Shauna said...

Reece is seriously adorable!!