Saturday, September 25, 2010

.:Reece - 2 Years Old:.


Two years ago, our lives changed when our sweet Reece became a part of our family. I'm still not quite sure how two whole years have passed since then. It seems like it was just a couple of months ago we were doing her first birthday!

(Flashback photo from her first birthday)


Where would we be without our little Reecey girl? A whole lot less entertained, for one thing. I've never seen a girl with so much spunk before! Reece is contstantly on the move and on the go. Her pediatrician is always stunned by it when we bring her in. I wish I could just copy what she does all day long, because then I'm positive I could get rid of this baby weight/flab!


This is turning into a super FUN age and a super FRUSTRATING age. Maybe we'll just call it the 2F age.


Reece is hilarious. She will try to say almost any word, and she does this little tongue roll with a lot of her sounds, and it just makes us laugh everytime. (Tip: Have her say octagon for you. You won't be disappointed.) She knows SO MANY words, I won't even try to attempt writing them all down. She is getting good at communicating what she wants using simple 2-3 word sentences. That is, when she remembers not to whine. :) We're working on using words instead of whining. I think it's going to take awhile! She's really into labeling things/people, just because she loves to talk and is so proud of herself for knowing so much. And we're just as proud of her!


The way she says things is just as great. It's amazing how kids listen to parents and try to mimic tones of voice and expression. I swear, Josh has to feel like a million bucks every time he comes home from work or school. I wish I got greeted like that all the time!


Reece is turning into such a caring little girl. She is always giving us hugs and kisses - including Remi. When Remi is playing with something, Reece will take the burp cloth and wipe up Remi's drool, just like a little mommy. We go for walks every morning with my friend, and if Remi starts fussing, Reece will turn around and rub Remi's little head. It is so sweet! She also loves to share her drinks with her kitty and other stuffed animals. I love to catch her having little conversations with them and just watch her taking care of them.


We're still working on the nursery thing. She stayed in there by herself for an hour last week, so maybe we're getting somewhere. At least I know it won't last forever....(right???)

Reece is a total Daddy's girl. She loves her Mommy, too, but she is really close with her Daddy. They have such a special, sweet relationship, and it just makes my heart happy to watch the two of them together.

That all sounds like FUN, doesn't it?

Well, the only FRUSTRATING part about her age is the blooming of independence and realization that she has choices. I'm all for giving them choices, but it's interesting to see her figure out that she doesn't actually have to do what we say right away. She's definitely feeling out her boundaries. Her listening is also not the greatest. Another boundary thing as well, I'm sure. We just need to be more consistent with what our game plan is when it comes to that kind of stuff.


The FUN far outweighs the FRUSTRATING, and I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father chose me to be her mother, and us to be her parents. She's a special little girl, and I know she has wonderful things to offer this world. I can't imagine our lives without her!

At two years old, Reece likes:
- being silly
- jumping
- climbing
- laughing
- fake laughing
- running/chasing
- shoes and putting them on by herself (she usually gets the right feet, too!)
- "lips"
- lotion
- helping
- movies
- dogs/animals
- candy and all sweets
- craisins
- cereal
- baths
- books
- stickers
- coloring (especially with the whiteboard and whiteboard markers)
- her kitty and 'nite nite' (blanket)
- singing
- dancing
- showing off/getting attention
- being tickled
- washing and drying her hands
- Elmo
- Mano (Nemo)
- Frog (Princess and the Frog)

At two years Reece does not like:

- diaper changes (she has always had extremely sensitive skin, and lately the diaper rashes have been horrible, poor girl)
- being told 'no'
- not getting her way
- getting nose and face wiped (sometimes)
- shirts going on and off her head

Happy Second Birthday to our sweet girl!


6 comments:

Mendel Family said...

I can't believe she is two! I have to say I agree with you about the age two, it is fun and frustrating! But we do have two really great two-year-olds! And we are so glad to have Reece as our friend!

Dani said...

I can't believe it! She is so grown up! Wish we could be there to celebrate. Happy Birthday Reece! The Harmon family loves you!

Nikki said...

I'm sure Josh feels awesome being greeted by Reece every day. I felt awesome tonight when Sam walked up your stairs first and she asked where I was, then said "hi nikki!" all excited. She is growing up so fast.

Stacy said...

It is hard to believe Reece and Cade are 2. I still remember being pregnant together... Crazy how time flies by !!!

Haley Flowers said...

Happy Birthday to Reece! She sure is a cutie!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday again to Reece! She is such a cute little girl. Wish we could have been there to celebrate!