Thursday, January 27, 2011

.:Remi - Ten Months:.

Double digits? Seriously?

Remi celebrated turning 10 months by getting the sickest she's ever been in her 10 quick months on this earth. Reece was sick over the weekend, and Remi got slammed with it this week. Poor girl had a fever of 103, and was just shaking from her fever. She's been way congested and coughing like crazy. Yesterday, she took two naps that totaled over six hours! Luckily, she seems to be on her way up. I'm hoping it lasts. I'm done with winter and the sickness! I don't feel like we usually get this sick in the winter, but it's been bad lately.


Other than being sick, I think we can say now that Remi is a crawler! She's been so close for so long, but just in the last week or so has figured out how to move her arms. She's definitely not fast yet, and doesn't really do it a ton unless she really wants something or someone - in that case, she just goes without even thinking about it! I have to admit, it's been kind of nice not having her mobile quite yet. It's funny how your perspective changes a bit with the second one! :)


I think we've got Remi's sleeping back to normal. She lasts until 7:00-7:30 every morning, and that time is just perfect with me! I'm so glad we've ditched the 6:00 a.m. wake up time! I guess maybe she's gotten used to my milk supply being a bit lower. She's also been eating more regular food, so maybe that has helped as well.


Speaking of food, we've pretty much switched Remi to all table food! I'll occasionally give her some baby food, but she is not such a fan of being fed; she likes to do it herself! She LOVES mandarin oranges, and will shovel those in like they are going to disappear. She's good with most veggies and fruits, and she loves crackers, bread, and noodles. It's nice being able to just feed her pretty much what we're eating, or some version of it! I'm hoping it will help her put on some weight for her one year checkup. (How can that be in two months?!?!)


The little Rem has seven teeth now! There were about five weeks where they just kept coming in, one after the other! There are two more that could possibly come in soon, but they don't look super close. I love her little toothy smile!


Reece and Remi get along really well! I love listening to them in the car, because one of them will get the other laughing, and they just giggle and giggle and giggle all the way home. I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing it! Reece often gets Remi toys (and often takes them back!) but she is still really sweet with her.


I just can't believe that she is going to be one soon. I definitely like I've babied her a lot more than I did with Reece because I know how quickly they change. I'm in no rush for her to grow up, so she can stay my snuggly little baby awhile longer!

At ten months, Remi likes:

- laughing
- smiling
- grinding her teeth (sick!)
- mandarin oranges
- peek-a-boo
- having her back/neck tickled
- snuggling
- Reece
- crawling (when she actually does it!)
- squealing
- feeding herself
- baths
- 'real' food: noodles, green beans, bread
- having tummy kissed
- being sung to
- attention
- nursing
- playing with paper and plastic bags
- toys: tambourine, balls, laptop, puzzle


At ten months, Remi does not like:

- diaper rash (neither do we, she's had it TONS lately!)
- teething
- being left alone
- bottles

We just love this little lady! Seriously, how could you not?


7 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

She is so dang cute Summer! Her hair seems to be getting more red, its so adorable! Hope she feels better soon!

Stacy said...

What a cutie ! Can't believe she is 10 months. Time flies. Hope she get better and your family is done with being sick !!!

Sarah said...

She is such a doll...I just love her beautiful hair and pretty skin! I can't believe my birthday buddy is gonna be one so soon!!

Dani said...

I just want to munch on her! She is so delicious! I can't believe she has seven teeth! I am so used to my late bloomers. Can't wait to see the crawl in action... when are you coming to visit?!

Sharon said...

I can't wait to see her too! And 7 teeth...wow! Hudson still doesn't have any. She is seriously so dang cute! I really hope to come sometime soon, but it probably won't be until around April sometime....she will probably be walking by then!

Mendel Family said...

Oh I just adore this girl and her bright red hair! It is a bummer she was so sick, I am ready for Spring! I also can't believe she is going to be a year in 2 months!

Dyan said...

Your girls are sooo cute! what fun ages they are both at right now too. I can't believe Remi's red hair! I guess I'd never noticed how much red there really is. Lots of cuteness there is going on at your house!