Wednesday, March 9, 2011

.:K-Town:.

The girls and I got to take a little trip up to my parents last month, and it was just what I needed! I was a little bit nervous about flying with the girls alone, but with the help of some treats and a dvd player (and some kind-hearted strangers!) they were champs!

This is the girls the day we left, opening up their Valentine's Day goodies from Josh and I since we would be gone on Valentine's Day.


Our flight got in at about 8:30 that evening, and then we went through the drive through to grab some dinner for us. With some unforseen difficulties on the road, we didn't make it home until about midnite that nite! I was scared the girls would still be up at their usual time the next morning, but they surprised me and Reece slept in until 9:00 and Remi slept in until 11:00! We spent that next day just running errands. This sucker was my attempt to keep Remi awake until we got back home for her nap! I think she liked it.


We were there for Valentine's Day, and the girls were spoiled with some fun gifts from Gramzee and Grandpa Paul. They enjoyed opening them up and partaking of the goodness!


Later that evening, we did what you are supposed to do on Valentine's Day - frost sugar cookies! Alli and Nic were there as well, and we enjoyed making ourselves sick.


Cookie frosting is very serious business.


A lot our time was just spend hanging out at my parent's house, reading books (ask my parents, Reece made them read Grouchy Ladybug approximately 100 times!), playing with toys, and watching movies.

Reece loved laying in Gramzee and Grandpa's bed with her kitty and nite nite, watching movies.


Both of the girls were HUGE fans of the dog! Chaska was so calm and so good with letting both of them pet her and love on her. At one point, Remi was sitting by Chaska petting (i.e. hitting) her, and Chaska had one of Remi's feet in her mouth, gently chewing on it. It was cute!


One of the rare times Remi let anyone other than me or Gramzee near her. (She is such a mama's girl, but to be fair, she was sick most of the time we were there!)


Gramzee made all the ladies of the family little dresses. Reece didn't want to take hers off once it was done!


We put a movie on while we were fixing dinner, and this is how I found Reece watching. So reverent!


One day while we were there, Remi decided that using hands to put food in her mouth was just too much extra work, and took to just getting food off the table with her mouth.


She was pretty proud of herself!


Where do you get to just eat whipped cream straight from the can? Gramzee's house!


Reece also became a huge fan of Grandpa's ipad while we were there. She loved drawing on it and reading books.


Modeling Grandpa's boots.


Poor Remi was sick most of the time we were there, so she was kind of beasty. Luckily she has Gramzee and Aunt Alli to snuggle with when Mommy was pretty much done with her!


My mom and I were able to get out and do some fun things by ourselves, too! We had a baby sitter come up and watch the girls while we went to exercise a couple of days. We also had her come up so that we could head down to the quilt store - Taterpatch Quilts. It was pure heaven going to the fabric store, kidless, and with my mom! It made for some fun afternoons of sewing during nap times!

It was also my mom's birthday while we were there, so we feasted seafood multiple times - Reece has now sampled lobster, crab, and shrimp! Lucky girl! We made it out to the movies a couple of times as well - once with the guys for my mom's birthday, and another evening out with just the girls.

It was just a wonderful week, and so nice to take a break from real life and get to spend some time with my parents, Alli, and Nic. We only wish Daddy could have come!

Here are the girls in the airport on our way home.



And, since my husband is so wonderful, I came home to these babies.


What a guy!

Thanks for a fantastic 10 days Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

suzanne said...

Thank you! That was a fun trip down memory lane. And Remi wasn't beastly at all - just under the weather. Easily consoled if you held her so that was extra nice for me! Thanks for coming up!

Julie said...

What a fun trip! It's always so fun to go visit Mom!!!!!!!!

Andrus Family said...

That sounds like such a fun trip - can I come get away with you next time?? :)

Sarah said...

Sounds like such a nice visit!