Tuesday, March 1, 2011

.:Remi - Eleven Months:.

Eleven months? Seriously?!?!

I don't even know how it's possible that Remi is eleven months old now - so close to being one!


This past month has been a bit rough for Remi. This poor child has basically been sick for the past four months, and it's so sad! It also turns her into even more of a mama's girl than she already is, so it's been a little tough on all of us! I've also been working on dropping a nursing feeding because I'd really like to be done nursing by the time she turns one! She still refuses a bottle, and just chews on a sippy, but I guess she'll figure it out eventually!

But when she's not sick, she is just the happiest, sweetest baby in the whole world! I love seeing her toothy smile directed at me! She loves to play peek-a-boo; that can almost always illicit a smile and giggle from her!


Remi is a crawling fool! She loves to follow Reece around the house. Sometimes they go into their bedroom and shut the doors, and I love hearing the giggles that come through the cracks! I just know they are going to be the best buddies. Reece is always trying to drag Remi around by grabbing on her arm. Remi loves to 'stand' on her knees, but hasn't quite figured out how to pull herself up to her feet yet. She will often be on her knees and then put one foot up, but still doesn't quite have the balance or strength to do the other one. She's getting there! It is so fun having her mobile, and I think she is a lot happier having the freedom to explore on her own.

Remi is still doing well being on all table food. I have to be a little careful with her dairy intake; this poor child is constipated the majority of the time! I'm nervous for when we go to milk! (Any tips out there besides making her drink juice? Neither of my girls are huge on juice, and combined with the fact that Remi only likes to drink from me, it's not the best solution for us!) I haven't fed her any baby food in forever, and she doesn't really care for anyone to feed her; she likes to feed herself! It is so nice just being able to feed her whatever we're having. I think she's grown, so hopefully we won't have an issue with weight at her one year checkup!


The Remster is now rocking eight teeth! There are two more that are close to the surface, but have been for awhile, so we'll see if they break through anytime soon. She loves getting her teeth brushed, and she also loves using me as a teether. Ouch! Yet another reason to get this nursing thing over with! She's a toothy little beast, and it's so rewarding when she bares those teeth in amusement at something you've done!

It is just crazy to me that this sweet babe is going to be one in less than a month! This year has flown by, and I just feel so blessed to have these beautiful children! I've started gathering some ideas for her birthday party, and I'm starting to get pretty excited for it!


At eleven months, Remi likes:

- nursing
- smiling
- laughing
- peek-a-boo
- eating
- crawling
- pulling up to her knees
- food: mandarin oranges, avocado, yogurt melts, bread
- having back/neck tickled
- light up seahorse
- snuggling
- squealing
- Reece!
- being sung to
- Baby Einstein
- suckers and popsicles


At eleven months, Remi does not like:

- being alone for too long
- being constipated :(
- bottles
- formula

Happy Eleven Months Rem Rem!

3 comments:

suzanne said...

Happy Happy ms. Remi! Gramzee misses that beautiful face!

Sharon said...

I can't believe she is almost 1! So crazy! She is such a cute girl!

Haley Flowers said...

What a cutie! Love her smile :)