Tuesday, March 22, 2011

.:Potty Training:.

Not much to report around here lately. This is basically what we've been putting our energies towards.


Don't you love her shoes?

She did awesome the first week, and I was thinking there was no way it could be that easy.

And I was right.

She totally regressed the second week, and she and I had some rough days together (including some very bad mommy moments).

This week has gone better. I know it will just take time and more patience; she'll get it eventually, and we are definitely not going back to diapers at this point! We picked out some fun new panties (Jessie and Nemo!) and she loves getting her rewards. It's just a matter of her recognizing the urge in time to get there. She'll get it!

5 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Hang in there. I know its hard! It is seriously the hardest thing in parenthood, thus far, that no one tells you how bad it can be! It took Izzie a month to be completely trained. We got to a point of doing a sticker chart to earn a really fun toy if she would do stinky in the potty a certain number of times and that worked for her. Good luck!

suzanne said...

She looks pretty rough! Love the unmatching shoes......I can only imagine what you must have looked like!

Haley Flowers said...

Ugh, Hang in there! She'll catch on. I know how frustrating it can get!! She is adorable though-love the shoes :)

Sarah said...

She is so stinkin cute I love the shoes!!

Mendel Family said...

Love the shoes! My mom has a nice picture of me sitting on the toilet with a magazine when I was potty training :) I am jealous, I wish Luke would even be a little bit willing to sit on the potty! Go Reece!