Tuesday, October 25, 2011

.:Trip to K-Town:.

At the beginning of October, my sister and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip up to Oregon to my parent's house. My nephew had a break from school, and I wanted to squeeze in one more trip before I'm too pregnant to travel or have a newborn, so we made it work!

Josh was able to get a few days off of work, so he headed up to Boise with us to have a bromance weekend with my brother in law. We got in late Tuesday nite, and had hyper girls who didn't end up falling asleep until about 1:00 a.m.!

The next day we got up, got ready, loaded up the minivans, and we were off! I was a little nervous about driving by myself. I used to do it all the time in college, but it seems the older I get, the harder it is for me to drive for long distances! But it actually wasn't too bad. The girls were awesome for almost the whole way, and Dani and I had walkie talkies and our Diet Cokes. The only questionable part of our drive there was the truck we passed in some remote wooded area that had a shotgun hanging out the window. We were all excited to get to Gramzee and GPSTEW's house!

We spent a few days just hanging out at home,




running errands,


and doing fun things, like driving the John Deer....


riding on the atv with grandpa...


seeing Lion King in 3D...


making - and eating- caramel apples...


going to the pumpkin patch...





and riding Rio.


As usual, thanks to my parents for putting up with the craziness! I don't know why, but our kids were WILD while we were there!

Us ladies found time to do a little crafting as well, which is always a plus in my book!

My family is the best, and I wish I got to see them all more often!

2 comments:

Dani said...

It was a blast!! I'm so glad it all worked out. I did notice that you didn't put the crafting picture on your blog. Haha! I have no idea why!

Sharon said...

Wish I could have joined you guys!!! Looks like you had a blast, as always!!