Sunday, October 16, 2011

.:I am a child of God:.

We had our Primary program in sacrament meeting today, and for some reason, my emotions were sitting pretty close to the surface and the Spirit really hit me strongly.

When those sweet kids were singing, and Reece and Remi were sitting there watching (and maybe doing a little dancing) it just made my heart so full to think about the blessings that my kids are to me. I was also feeling such a responsibility to be a good parent and a good example to raise them in righteousness and help them grow up loving their Heavenly Father and Jesus.

Being a parent is hard. And I have to admit, that I've had a very short fuse with my kids the past week, and I've just been struggling to be patient with them. But today was just an affirmation to me that it really is worth it, and it's worth trying harder and being a better person so that they have an example in their lives. I know my kids are still super young, but I know they are watching and learning every day.


I'm so grateful that even now, they like to say prayers. Reece will remind us, and both of them fold their arms. I'm so grateful that Reece is excited about going to church and going to nursery, and that she always thanks Heavenly Father for church and nursery in her prayers (sometimes prompted, sometimes not!) I'm grateful that Reece recognizes pictures of Jesus and loves to point them out to us. I know Remi is learning from her, and from us, and will soon start doing this things as well! I feel so grateful for where we live, our families, the friends that I have, the ward that I have, and know that we are where we are supposed to be for right now.

We're just so incredibly blessed, and I am glad that I was able to feel that Spirit today; I needed to take a step back and put aside some of my feelings from the week, and really focus on what is most important.

And speaking of kids, I had a doctor's appointment on Friday. 33 weeks! Still feeling pretty good, minus a little hip and back pain, but definitely not way uncomfortable yet. There was a substitute doctor there since my doctor was out all this past week, and he was really friendly and nice. He felt my belly - and gained a new best friend when he called me skinny - and said he could feel all of the baby, and that she was head down. He also did an ultrasound to confirm it. Measuring right on track and everything is looking good. I did gain a bit too much weight, but he said some of that was water retention, so I need to up my water intake and cut back on the salty foods. Which is basically what I want to eat lately. I go back in two weeks, and I imagine I'll have my group b strep test then. I got papers to pre-register. It's getting close! So excited to meet our little girl!


Don't forget to vote in our name poll!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I love the Primary Program. We have been practicing the past couple weeks and it is just so sweet to see those kids get up there and say their part, and understand what they are saying. And the singing gets me every time. You will love it even more when your kids are up there singing along. I can't believe Reece will be a Sunbeam in just a couple of months! So exciting!

And you look so cute!!

Mendel Family said...

Don't you love when those feelings of being blessed hit you! I am sorry we couldn't get together this week, I am hating this sickness that is hitting us! Glad your appointment went well, can't believe it is getting close. By the way I like the name Harper, but it made me think of the movie Dick and Jane where at the end he says, "Me nambre es Dick Harper." Hehehe :)

suzanne said...

I know we feel bless to have great kids as well! And the Littles are just the bonus of life!!!!!!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Primary Programs are the BEST! :)

Watch out for Sumo's belly. Coming through! Good thing you look beautiful!

Sarah Jane said...

I love the primary program, and I'll be so glad when its done in our ward, since i'm the primary choirster! Way to go on being so skinny! You look so little! I do have to tell you, I voted for Harper, and I think it would be pretty funny if you named her that cause my bff just had her second girl and named her that, her first is Reese! Pretty funny. But I LOVE the name Harper and wish so bad I could use it, but the hubs really doesn't like it! It is way cute! Good luck!