Sunday, October 30, 2011

.:35 Weeks:.

35 weeks? Really? For as much as I've said this pregnancy is dragging, it sure seems to be picking up speed now!

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday, and had my lovely GBS test done. My doctor also decided to check me while she was down there. Seems a bit early, but I don't mind! I'm only dilated to a half, and more than likely, I'll stay that way until right before my due date. My body doesn't dilate early! However, getting checked seemed to have irritated things down there because I've been having some weak contractions in the evenings the past few days. I never really got contractions from being checked with either of the girls, so maybe this time will be different? I'm not holding my breath, though. Our babies don't come early, and I don't really plan on this gal making an appearance until December.

My doctor had my thyroid checked again on Friday. I guess every time it's been checked (multiple times this pregnancy) it's just been borderline normal range. I haven't heard if anything has changed from this most recent test, but maybe I'll just start blaming my weight gain on my thyroid. :)

I'm not majorly uncomfortable yet, but definitely experiencing some hip pain and pubic bone pain. She's still hanging out pretty low, so I've escaped the rib pain so far. It mostly just makes sleeping difficult, but I guess we'll just call it good preparation for having a newborn!

Reece has been a lot more mindful of babies recently. I think she is going to be super cute having a baby sister. She is always talking about my belly, and how it's almost time for the baby to come out. I can't wait to see all three of them interact!

I'm trying to enjoy these last few weeks. I know they are going to go quickly. I'm just kind of done being pregnant. Not because I'm so uncomfortable, but just because I'm ready to meet our baby. Of course, once she's out and I'm exhausted I'll be wondering why I was wanting her out so badly. I started working on a list of what to pack for the hospital bag. We're still trying to figure out if we want to get induced close to my due date, just to help with Josh's work schedule and having people ready to take the girls. And of course, she needs a name. I'm guessing we won't decide that until we're leaving the hospital to come home. That's how we roll.

In the spirit of Halloween, here is a picture (an un-flattering one at that) of me in my skeleton baby shirt. Getting big!


4 comments:

Shauna said...

Ha, love the halloween shirt! You look great!

Sharon said...

I love the shirt too! You look adorable! I can't believe the little miss will be here so soon! Then you will be as crazy with 3 as I am!

Haley Flowers said...

Your pregnancy has gone by fast for me :) I can't believe she will be here in a few weeks! Can't wait to see her :)

Mendel Family said...

Oh my gosh you are darling! I seriously love your skeleton shirt! Can't wait to meet the new little miss!