Tuesday, November 1, 2011

.:This is Halloween:.

As usual, we kept busy this Halloween month. There are always so many fun activities, and I like to get as much use out of costumes as possible!

We went simple this year with a handmade Halloween.

Cute Ariel


With her trusty sidekick, dolled up Flounder


Skeleton parents - I drew the stencils on freezer paper, cut them out, then stenciled on to the shirts. Yes, it was a pain. But I think they turned out pretty good, yes?


We kicked off the festivities with a Halloween party thrown by our neighbors. The girls had fun playing with their good friends, Dawson and Emerson.


Posing with Daddy


We headed to Gardner Village with Dawson and Emerson one day. We had fun looking at the witches and shopping around. We chose UEA weekend, so it was kind of crazy there, but we all survived.


Every year, my friends Sarah and Stacy and I throw a Halloween playgroup for our neighborhood. This was our third year doing it. We have everyone bring some sort of Halloween treat to share, and we let the kids eat and run around in their costumes. We also do some sort of craft and game.

Remi quite enjoyed the food, obviously.


Reece loved the candy corn bowling.


Remi was all tuckered out by the end - too much fun!


Library Halloween Storytime was our next stop. We went with Dawson and Emerson, as well as Dixie and Parker. The girls loved it. My goal is to be better taking them to the library each week, why I haven't been doing this, I have no idea!

Reece loved doing the Halloween fingerplay. Here are her vampire teeth.


Remi had fun running around and dancing. She has quite the booty shake.


The whole gang.


Well, minus Remi. She got her own picture since I can't get her to stand still.


Halloween nite we had a good time eating with a big group of friends, and heading out trick-or-treating. Reece was just in heaven! She loved saying 'trick-or-treat' and we were so proud of how she almost always said 'thank you' without being asked. She thought it was pretty awesome, and I am excited to see how Christmas is with both of the girls this year. They are getting to fun ages for the holidays!

Trick-or-treating with Daddy


Checking out her stash


We had a fun-filled month. We're so lucky to live where there are so many things to do!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the pic of Rem eating then sleeping and Reece's sweet fangs! We have had a pretty darn good month, yeah? Cute girls!

Sharon said...

I LOVE the costumes...what a fun idea for Arial! And I love the shirts you made for you and josh...they are funny! Glad you guys had such a great Halloween!

Haley Flowers said...

Cute pictures, I love all your costumes! I love your shirts! I told Micah I need to be pregnant next year because I want shirts like that! :)

Mendel Family said...

First let me say that Remi can fall asleep anywhere! Love that girl. All of your costumes turned out amazing! I really loved yours and Josh's shirts!!! So cool!