Tuesday, October 28, 2008

.:One Month Old:.

Our sweet little Reece is one month old! I can't even believe it. Time is already going by too quickly! She and I are really doing a lot better now. I don't feel completely overwhelmed with being a mom anymore. We still have our moments where we wonder what in the world the other is doing, but it just gets a little easier every day.

At one month old, Reece still does not enjoy taking a bath. However, she is able to take them now without pooping! She didn't even cry last bath until we took her out of the water. Luckily the rest of her cord FINALLY came off, so we can get her more wet now. Maybe that will help. She is doing better with her diaper changes, and doesn't cry through those anymore. She also graduated to a size one diaper! They are a little big on her still, but they work. She sleeps full time in her crib now, and loves her soothie/binkie. Reece now weighs nine pounds, eight ounces. She was just diagnosed with reflux, and is on baby antacid for it now. This will hopefully be a relief for her!

Josh has been saying he's gotten her to smile for him a couple of times, which I was having a hard time believing since I'm the one with her all day and she doesn't smile for me! But, today I finally got one out of her! It was not a full on smile, but it was definitely meant for me! The first picture below is the first smile I caught her doing on purpose - she was happy when I hung her toys from her car seat. It will be fun to see her develop that new skill!

Here are a few recent pictures of Reece at one month old.