Monday, October 13, 2008

.:Tough job:.

Well, being a mom is a lot more tough than I was expecting it to be! I didn't know that having a newborn could be so much work! But Reece and I are starting to figure each other out. We finally have the nursing thing down, which has been such a relief. Aside from that, I am just trying to learn what her different cries mean, and how to meet her needs the best. I'm trying not to be too crazy about scheduling yet, but I am also scared of getting into bad habits early on that will be difficult to break! I am hoping to start figuring out how to get her to fall asleep on her own soon, instead of having to be rocked all the time. (Even though sometimes I love to just cuddle her to death!)

Reece had her two week check up last week. She passed her birth weight, which was a big relief to me! She weighed in at seven pounds, fifteen ounces. She is in the 35th percentile for weight, and the 75th for height. Everything checked out healthy on the little babe. She had to have her heel poked for some blood tests. She was already upset because she hates being naked, but getting poked sent her crying to a whole new level! I have to admit, I cried right along with her! But she did a great job, and we go back to the doctor in six weeks for her two month check up and more shots. Yikes!

At two and a half weeks old, Reece hates getting her diaper changes and taking baths - anything to do with being partially or fully undressed! Hopefully she passes this stage soon because we're going to be doing a lot of both of those things for a long time! She likes to be held and rocked and bounced, and makes lots of cute facial expressions even though she doesn't mean to. I'm so excited for when she can start smiling on purpose! She is becoming a lot more alert, and spends time just looking around the room and taking things in.

She is a sweet baby girl and we are so happy that she has joined our family!