Saturday, July 25, 2009

.:Ten Months:.

We're in the double digits! Ten months seems awfully close to turning one! I don't know where this past year has gone - time is flying by so quickly! I think I have said this the past few months, but Reece is just SO much fun right now! She is so curious and into EVERYTHING. She 'talks' and babbles all of the time, and I feel like she's really trying to have a real conversation. Reece crawls all over the place, and is so content to explore our house. She loves standing up to things, and has gotten to the point where she either uses only one hand to hold on, or leans her thighs up against whatever she's leaning up to so she has her hands free. We even got her to stand for 10 seconds all by herself! I know it doesn't necessarily mean she'll be walking anytime soon, but the interest is definitely there. She is always trying to be on her feet! I can't wait to see what the next month brings!

At ten months, Reece loves:

- talking
- making silly sounds
- imitating sounds
- crawling
- crinkling her nose
- clapping
- standing
- smiling
- laughing
- blowing raspberries
- making kissing sounds
- clicking her tongue (sometimes - for sure the past few days!)
- reading books
- eating....whatever is in front of her! This girl will eat anything!
- going for walks
- baths
- mom's jewelry
- keys
- playing with toys: animals that make sounds, ball popper, rubber bracelet, rattle
- swimming
- kicking her legs
- 'sitting' on her knees
- buckles (car seat and stroller)
- watching the fish
- watching candles
- being naked
- being tickled
- giving kisses
- pointing
- sucking on her fingers (still teething!)

At ten months Reece doesn't like:

- getting her face wiped off
- getting her nose wiped
- holding still to get diaper changed and get dressed

See, Diet Coke is good for many reasons!
In the pool with cousin Millie


9 comments:

Camilla said...

A friend of mine said that this is the trickster age. You start thinking, well, if my kid is so good and so cute right now, it wouldn't be bad to have another one right? And then you get pregnant and they turn into their "terrible twos". Haha, tricked you! :)

Andrus Family said...

The pics of those 2 rascals are so cute - I love how serious they are in the bottom picture! I'm glad you guys are good at taking pics cause we sure aren't! And I can't believe she's already 10 months....she'll be 1 before you know it.

Haley Flowers said...

I can't believe she is 10 months old! She is adorable!

Shauna said...

i can't believe she is almost a year old either!! crazy how time goes by! she's adorable!

nison (nic + allison) said...

I can't believe she's already almost 1! Oh my lanta! Beautiful little elf girl. :)

Mendel Family said...

Oh my little Reece's pieces! :) I don't think I am okay with her continuing to grow so fast!! Happy 10 months baby girl!

Sarah Jane said...

at least she knows that diet coke is good! She is getting so big, what a cutie.

Josh and Nat said...

I love your blog! Its so cute and that little elf baby is my favorite!!

Sharon said...

She is growing up so fast, I can't believe it! She is such a little doll. It was so fun to see you guys a couple weeks ago because now we can really put a personality with that cute little face!