Sunday, August 30, 2009

.:Oregon:.

Reece and I flew up to Oregon this past Monday to go visit my family! My sister had a new baby at the end of July. The original idea was for me to go help with the brand new baby since she was only due about a week before I came! But Taytum decided to come early, so it was more just a fun trip for playing with everyone! I tried to help where I could, but Dani is pretty efficient with three kids already! Here is a quick recap - with pictures - of what we did while we were there!

Here is sweet little Taytum - the reason we headed up. She is such a yummy little bundle!


Monday we got in in the morning. We headed back to Dani's house to wait for Jefferson to get done with his clinicals. Then we headed down to Salem to Ben and Sharon's house. My mom and Alli were coming up from K-town to spend a couple of days with us. We let the cousins run around at Ben and Sharon's, and then headed to this orchard where there was a shortcake stand. The shortcake, fresh fruits, and milkshakes were delicious! After that, we went back to Ben and Sharon's for a little bit, and then it was off to Red Robin for dinner with everyone.
Tuesday morning, we got up and went to VooDoo Doughnut. They have crazy doughnuts that are really tasty! Everyone got a maple bacon bar (don't knock it until you try it) which was delicious! And we picked a few other random ones to share. The kids all loved their M&M doughnuts!

Here is Dani and I at VooDoo Doughnut.
Me enjoying my maple bacon bar.
Everyone else enjoying their doughnuts.
After we had all made ourselves sick on doughnuts, we headed out to check out the animals at the zoo. We saw some interesting sights there! We also went on this little train ride. It was apparently very relaxing for Reece, and she fell asleep in my arms. That never happens!

Reece spent a lot of time doing this while we were at the zoo.

Pictures from our train ride:

Me with Gray and Carter.
Me with Andi. Dani and Reece. Grandma Z and Reece. Alli, Cal, and Sharon.

Reece was obsessed with Taytum. She always wanted to be around her, touching her, and pulling her socks off. It was really sweet!
Reece with Taytum.

Get those socks off!

Sweet Taytum.

Wednesday afternoon we headed over to Canon Beach. It was Reece's first time at the beach, and she loved the sand! She ate a ton of it, and by the end, got brave enough to crawl off the blanket onto the sand. Once she discovered that she was all over the place!

Reece's first taste (of many) of sand.
The nasty jellyfish that were washed up.

Dani's cute family.
Dani and I (Taytum is hiding in there somewhere).

Mommy and Reece.
For dinner that nite, we went to this seafood place and had the best halibut fish and chips ever! Delicious!



Thursday morning we got up and went for a walk on this trail. There are tons of blackberry bushes and we stopped to pick some along the way. Reece enjoyed them on the trail and for lunch!
Saturday we ended our trip by heading to downtown Portland to the Saturday's Market. We met up with Ben and Sharon and their boys there, and bummed around for a little bit before Reece and I had to head home.

Reece and Mommy in front of the river.
Snuggling little Taytum.
All the cousins!
All the ladies.
All the guys.
And Reece having fun looking out of the windows on the plane. She was such a good girl!

We had such a fun week with everyone! We really appreciate everyone rearranging their schedules to spend time with us! I'm pretty sure Reece is going to be way bummed when she is stuck with just me tomorrow morning to play with!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay what a super fun trip you had!! That cracks me up that Reece liked to eat the sand! Love the pic of her playing with Taytum's socks!

Bensons said...

What cute pics! Glad you got to go visit! :)

..P.S. I like to dip my bacon in maple syrup so that doughnut actually sounds pretty good to me!! (I'm an oinker though HaHa!)

Mendel Family said...

What a fun visit! As usual, your family is adorable. You and Reece look so cute!! I am always in awe of how darling you look. We need to go shopping together more often!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had such a great time! It was so great to see you and Reeces Pieces!

Sharon said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Little Reece is so fun and cute! Thanks for letting us squeeze a little time in with you guys, it was a ton of fun!

The Tucketts said...

Holy cow! I love all of Taytum's hair, she is too cute! I'm glad you had fun! You and Reece look super cute in all the pics!

Sarah Jane said...

what a fun trip. It looks beautiful up there.

suzanne said...

Fun to see your week in pictures! Loved reading the preggers saga! So glad you are and that it's going as it should. Thanks for letting me be a part of your week up here in Oregon. Wish I could have spent more time. See you in a few weeks!