Tuesday, September 1, 2009

.:11 Months:.

I'm late on Reece's 11 month post! We were in Oregon last week when she turned 11 months, so I'm just barely getting caught up! She is definitely more of a little girl than a baby anymore! Reece is tons of fun right now, and I just can't wait to see what she does next! One of her front teeth FINALLY broke through this past Saturday. You could see it really well that day, but not as much anymore. But you can still really feel it. Hopefully that other one is not far behind. She's so much happier now!

At eleven months, Reece loves:

- talking
- smiling
- clapping
- screaming (silly screams)
- crinkling her nose
- laughing - for real and fake
- crawling (she is getting soooooooo speedy)
- standing
- pulling dish towels off the oven rack
- reading books
- pulling all the books off her bookshelf
- giving kisses
- making kissing sounds
- eating ANYTHING
- going for walks
- baths
- mom's jewelry
- keys
- toys
- kicking her legs
- 'sitting' on her knees
- buckles
- banging on the windows
- pointing
- dogs - real ones, pictures, it doesn't matter
- sucking her thumb - this is new and I'm hoping it doesn't stick around!
- un-rolling toilet paper rolls

At eleven months, Reece doesn't like:

- getting her diaper changed - has to sit still for too long!
- getting her face and nose wiped

Reece is such a silly girl right now. She has kind of started making a tiger sound, but she's not consistent with it yet. She is still not walking, and I'm not sure she will anytime soon! Crawling is so much faster for her, why would she want to stop and learn how to walk?! I'm not worried about it at all, though. We're about out of formula, so we'll probably be starting whole milk next week. Her pediatrician said we could start it around 11 1/2 months if we ran out of formula around that time, so we didn't have to spend more money on expensive formula. She has already had a taste of it from her friend Dawson, so I'm thinking she'll probably like it! She's not a picky eater at all, so I'm hoping that transfers into her milk transition.

I can't believe Reece is turning one THIS MONTH. I'm having fun getting things ready for her little party! We just love our little girl so much!

Here's Reece reading her books. I think she prefers them to toys sometimes!

3 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Ah our little ones have so much in common! Luke is obsessed with dogs and his books. I miss that little girl! I really hope you can come out this week!

Sarah said...

I am sure Dawson was happy to help with getting Reece's taste buds acquired to the taste of real milk :) They might as well learn to start sharing everything now, right??!!

Camilla said...

She's just tooooo cute!