Monday, November 16, 2009

.:My first experience in wholesale:.

Most of you know that I run an etsy shop to sell my baby girl stuff. This past weekend I had my first experience (and maybe my last!) in a wholesale order.

I was contacted on Friday, via etsy, to see if I would be willing to do the order. I knew the turnaround was going to be tight, but how could I pass up the extra money with the holidays and the new tires we just put on our car! I did not hear back from the lady until Saturday nite. She wanted to order 36 pairs of leggings and wanted them shipped on Monday.

Sooo....I finally got my sick little girl to bed (it was impossible to start anything while she was awake due to her not feeling well) and had Josh stop to pick up the tights at the store for me while I got busy crocheting. 36 pairs of tights equals 72 flowers to be crocheted. Yikes! That is a lot! So, from about 7:30 that evening until 1:00 in the morning, I was busy crocheting. I got 48 flowers done that nite. Sunday morning I had to wait until Reece went down for a nap to finish the rest of the flowers. We spent the day with my in laws, so I wasn't able to do much while I was out there.

At around 8:30 last nite, I was able to get started with attaching the flowers to the tights. I hand sew them on, so once again, 72 flowers to hand sew on. In between I was doing laundry for both Reece and I! I got almost all the way done - I made myself stop at midnight. That left me with five pairs to finish this morning.

Which are now done!

The fun thing was that I discovered that baby girl is quite active between 11:00-1:00 at nite. She kept me company! Josh also stayed up late with me the first nite, watching CSI with me!

Here are the results of my labors (I know it doesn't look like much, but it really was!):


It was a super fast turnaround, and I'm not sure I would say yes to that again. But the money will be nice to have, and she is also going to take custom orders at the festival she is selling them at, so that may bring some more business my way!

Phew!

9 comments:

Dyan said...

my hand hurts and is cramping up just reading about this! that is a ton to do in so short a time...way to go!

Sarah said...

Good work! I am impressed for sure....that is a ton of work...they look great though!

suzanne said...

I think it looks like a bunch. What a great boost for your business......... job well done.......

Taryn said...

Wowzers Summer! I'm more than impressed! Great work! Looks like your business is really starting to pick up. I'm sure once I have a little girl (who knows when that may be) I'll be contacting you for some super cute baby girl stuff!

Mendel Family said...

Glad you got it done!!

Dani said...

Way to go! And I am with Dyan... my hand is cramping up just thinking about it too!

The Tucketts said...

Holy cow! Great work on getting them all done!

Los Smith said...

You are awesome! I knew you had to sell them when you made them for my Mel and Maddie. Great Job!

jacque said...

I would have died--and being pregnant too?! Crazy girl.