Sunday, November 1, 2009

.:Halloween Round Up:.

We did lots of fun Halloween things this week, and I was glad to get some good use out of Reece's costume! She didn't totally get it, but she sure enjoyed eating the candy and playing with the candy!

Our local library did a dress up Halloween story time. This was Reece's first time at storytime. We plan to start going more now! She was a little tired, but she liked listening to the stories and then we got to trick or treat around the library for a few goodies.

Reece with her friend Dawson
Reece and Mommy (I look a little scary!)

On Friday, a couple friends and I threw a Halloween playgroup for some of the moms and kids in our neighborhood. We had lots of yummy Halloween food, did a craft, played a couple of games, but I think what all of the kids liked most was climbing on all of the exercise equipment in the clubhouse!

Reece and Emerson - the two cutest bugs!
We had to bust the binkie out because Reece was having a tough day. After a half hour of screaming while getting ready to go, I decided I could give in for the day!
What a cute little bee!
Showing off her Halloween visor
We managed to get a picture of all the kids from playgroup together! What a cute bunch!
Trying on some Halloween stuff at our friend's house
Saturday was our new ward's trunk or treat. Reece didn't really get it, but she did love walking all over the place and trading candy in and out of our friend's bowl of candy! We got lots of goodies that I'm sure Mom and Dad will be eating most of! We were going to go to our old ward's trunk or treat as well, but we got a visit from Reece's grandma and aunt instead!

Mommy and Reece at the ward trunk or treat

Reece was pretty much the cutest little bumblebee I've ever seen! Here she is checking out her loot at home.

Sam and Nikki came up to spend Halloween with us. They went to our trunk or treat, and then came over for scones and hanging out while answering the door for trick or treaters!

Here are Josh and I's pumpkins. Mine is the traditional happy faced pumpkin. I'm boring and do this every year. Can you tell who Josh's is?
Reece trying on Daddy's hat

We hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!

(Tomorrow is g-day! Don't forget to vote if you think Reece is getting a little brother or little sister! I can't believe the day is already here! I've now had two separate dreams about the baby - one the baby was a boy and one the baby was a girl! I also felt baby moving from the outside last nite! Not strong kicks, but just rolling around - it was awesome. Can't wait for Josh to feel it!)

5 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Reece looks so darling in her costume! She really is the cutest bumblebee ever! You guys did a ton of fun activities! I am excited for you to find out tomorrow, my vote is a boy!

Sarah Jane said...

looks like you guys had a great Halloween, and Reece looks adorable.

suzanne said...

the pics are great. I love the red wig. She does not look happy with that on her head. It makes me claustophobic just looking at it. Can't wait for tomorrow to happen!

Dani said...

She is by far the cutest bee I have ever seen!!! Seeing that picture at playgroup made me miss my old playgroup. What a fun idea! Well, I will be awaiting your phone call tomorrow!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Well I can't figure out who is on Josh's pumpkin.
Reece makes the dang cutest bee EVER!