Thursday, March 18, 2010

.:38 Weeks and Lately:.

I hit the 38 week mark this past Sunday! I still can't believe how close we are to having this little girl in our arms. This pregnancy has just flown by, and I'm still in shock!

I've been feeling pretty good! I have gotten a bit more swollen, but it's still nothing compared to what I had with Reece. It gets a bit tight and uncomfortable, but I'm just glad it's not like last time! I'm still only dilated to a 2 - I haven't seen much change over the past couple of weeks, but that doesn't really mean anything! I went into labor with Reece only being at a half, so you never know what could happen. I've decided that I had better start shaving my legs every other day (I really dislike shaving) for whenever she decides to come! My toes freshly painted and pretty, so I think we're ready to go! I am anxious to meet her, but am definitely not to the point where I'm so ridiculously uncomfortable that I'll do anything to get this baby out. I've been having some contractions this week, but it's just been sporadic. We'll see what happens! I only have one more appointment scheduled for next Thursday, and maybe then we'll start talking induction. I don't really want to induce if I don't have to, but I also want to make sure this girl is out and we are home by the time lots of my family starts coming to visit!

Here's the 38 week belly. I definitely feel bigger, but still not as big as I was with Reece!


Other than waiting for baby sister to come, we've been keeping busy!

Last weekend, my sister and her family came into town and stayed with us. It was so much fun! Reece had a blast with her cousins, and it was so fun to watch them all play together. It really made me wish we didn't live as far away! We didn't get many pictures, but here is one of them watching a movie. Cute bunch of kiddos!

We had a lot of fun spending time with Dani and Jefferson as well. There was lots of food, game playing, staying up late, and laughing involved! We're excited that they get to come back down after baby sister is born!

While they were here, we got together with Sam and Nikki as well for some pizza and chatting. Here's a picture of the sibs.

Then of course, this week was the birth of baby Jameson! I'm going down to visit him again today, and just can't wait to get my hands on him!

Other than that, Reece and I have been enjoying having Josh around more this week since he is off from school for spring break. It's nice to have him home more!

Reece is kind of going through something right now - really whiney and just kind of struggling. I don't know if it's the four molars that have been coming in the past few weeks, or that she senses a change coming, or a combination of both! Hopefully it passes soon! She is still such a sweet girl, and we just love her personality and the spirit she brings to our home! She's going to be a great big sister!

She love her four wheeleer and her animals, so why not have both at the same time?


She is also a total monkey, and loves to climb on anything!




And we are American Idol watchers. She really enjoys dancing and singing while we watch. Here are a couple of cute videos of our girl!

3 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

Can't wait to meet baby girl! Come out! haha Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!

Sharon said...

I can't believe baby girl will be here so soon! It all goes so fast when we don't see you very often. You look great! Sounds like you had a fun time with Dani and Jefferson and their kiddos. They look so cute sitting on the couch together. And Reece it a great dancer...so cute!

Dani said...

Can we just say Indian, tux, and reservations? HAHAHAHA!

We had a blast with you guys! Can't wait to see you all again in just a couple weeks! All FOUR of you!