Saturday, October 30, 2010

.:Remi - Seven Months:.

My baby is seven months old. That is closer to one than to being a newborn! I feel like we're going to have the holidays, which will fly by, and then all of the sudden I'll have another toddler. Slow down!


Remi is still just....happy! I know I say it all the time, but she is just content and mellow and so stinking cute.


Remi still will not roll from her tummy to her back. We're going to be putting her in her real crib, without the sleep positioner next week, so I just know this is going to be a major problem. But I guess that's how she'll learn, right? She's so strong and can push her chest up so high, but for some reason, just doesn't remember how to roll back on to her back!


The little Rem is obsessed with tags. If there is a tag on a toy or a pillow or anything, she will find it. It's funny to watch. I usually put the Boppy behind her when she is sitting with toys - just in case - and I thought she was just being lazy everytime she ended up on her tummy (which is often) but then I realized that she goes to her tummy because then she can play with the tag on the back of the Boppy. Silly girl!


She's also started using just her pointer finger to feel things out. I just noticed it the other day, and I think it is so cute. Just her little, dainty finger, exploring everything!

Remi has never been a big laugher. She'll smile the day away, but when it comes to laughing, it's tough to get it out of her. Unless you are Reece. Reece can get Remi to laugh like nobody's business! I love that they are starting to interact and play together more. It is so cute to listen to them giggling together when I'm not even in the room! I know it's just going to get so much more fun as they get older!

We dropped Remi's 10:00 feeding a couple of weeks ago. The first nite was HORRIBLE. She was up from 1-3 a.m. and I was this close to just feeding her so I could go back to bed. She was never even that bad as a newborn! I anticipated her having more trouble the next few nites, but after that first bad nite, she's been 100% fine! She goes to bed aroun 7:30 and doesn't get up until 7:30-8:00. She even slept in until 9:00 twice this past week! Go baby!


Remi continues to hate most things that start with "b": binky, bottle, baby food. She's not impressed with any of them. We've gone through all of the veggies, and almost all of the fruits. The only one I've been able to get her to willingly open her mouth for is bananas. I don't know if it's the texture and consistency, or the taste, or what, but it's just not getting much easier to get her to eat. It takes us three days of her eating once a day to get through one jar of baby food. I should probably offer it to her more than once a day? Maybe then she'd get the hang of it faster? She does love Mum Mums and the puffs. She'll lunge like crazy to get those in her mouth!

(Not impressed Mom).

Remi also got her two bottom teeth! She had a horrible time getting the first one through. I didn't really think either of us were going to survive, but once that one was through, the second one came in with no problems. I'm hoping the next couple of teeth won't be so tough! She likes using her teeth on the Mum Mums, but luckily she hasn't bit me. Yet. We'll see if that changes once more come in!

Our little Rem Rem is just a little sweetheart!

At seven months, Remi likes:

- smiling
- smiling/laughing at/with Reece
- exersaucer
- sitting
- toys: light up seahorse, tambourine, laptop, turtle
- nursing
- puffs and Mum Mums
- feeling/grabbing/touching things
- tags
- splashing in the bath
- walks
- having air blown in her face
- talking/cooing
- sleeping
- being kissed
- being tickled

At seven months Remi does not like:

- bottles
- binky
- baby food (not very much anyway!)
- getting stuck on her tummy
- being in her car seat for too long
- being cold

Love this girl (and her cute sister too)!

4 comments:

Dani said...

She is such a cutie!! And she doesn't need to stop growing, you just need to have another one! :)

Mendel Family said...

Love that little girl! I cannot believe she is already 7 months. And don't worry she will get the hang of the roll thing, at least she is sitting. Logan still hates tummy time, and isn't even very good at holding his head up when he is on his tummy. Luke was already a pro at that by this point. I shouldn't compare, but you just do sometimes. Rem is a happy little camper! I can't wait to see more of her personality as she gets older!

Dyan said...

all of a sudden she doesn't seem that babyish anymore! she's entered the next stage and looks so aware and grown up! she's a cutie and Reese is just a little beauty too!

The Tucketts said...

Wow! 7 Months?! I love, love, love her red hair! She seems like she's such a happy girl!