Saturday, October 16, 2010

.:Reece's Birthday Party:.

I supppose I should blog about Reece's birthday party! Better late than never, right?

I still can't really wrap my brain around the fact that my little baby is two. Okay, not so much a baby anymore.


Reece is a lover of all things sweet, so we decided to do a candy party for her. It was complete with candy cupcakes....


And a candy buffet. We had little baggies so that people could make themselves a little treat bag to take home. (I still ended up with WAY too much candy leftover - good thing it's almost Halloween, right?)


I also made these cute gumball flowers, which I really thought were a fun addition.


I made this gumball machine to play 'pin the gumball on the gumball machine' but we didn't end up playing it. It was just way too wild, and the thought of trying to calm the kids down enough to do that was overwhelming at the time! I don't think anyone feels like they missed out....right?


Reece had quite a few of her little buddies and cousins there to celebrate with her. It really was just a crazy, wild party, made even more so by the abundance of sweets! We ate dinner, opened presents, and had cake. The kids all had a great time running around and playing with balloons.

I was really bad about taking pictures. We didn't even get a picture of our little family!

But here are a few pictures of her being sung to (I think she was wondering what in the world we were all doing - her expression was priceless!), opening some of her presents, and opening the rest of her presents the next day. Yep, had to do the presents in two shifts - think she was spoiled much?







It was a great time and we're so grateful for everyone who came to show Reece that they love her!

3 comments:

Mendel Family said...

It was a great party! You always out do yourself, and continue to amaze me! We love Reece!

Dani said...

It's about time!! Adorable party! And I can imagine that all the kids were thrilled with the theme. :) I can't believe Reece is 2!!

Dyan said...

that is so cute! i love the gumball flowers! looks like a fun party for Reese and friends!