Sunday, September 18, 2011

.:Joy School:.

Reece started a little joy school with some neighborhood/ward buddies last week. I was a little unsure about starting her already; since she has a September birthday, she will technically be behind all of these kids a year in school, which means we have three years of pre-school ahead of us. But, Josh and I both thought it would be good for her to get out and do something social like this with kids her age, especially since she is usually just at home with me and little babies all day long. I figure two years of joy school and one year of real pre-school will work just great for her!

I was a tiny bit worried about how Reece would do the first day. She doesn't really know any of the other moms, with the exception of one of my good friends very well, and while she knows the kids from nursery, they aren't kids she plays with regularly. But she was super excited, and pretty much sent me away that first day! She didn't get to go yesterday because she and Remi have killer colds, but hopefully she'll be well enough to go tomorrow. I think it's going to end up being a really good thing for her!

First day picture. She is in a total awkward picture taking stage - say cheese, but weird smile and won't look at the camera. Good thing she's still cute!


Picture with Mommy


Remi, just hanging out, wondering why she doesn't get to go, too!


And a couple pictures from the second day of school, just because they are cute!


4 comments:

Sharon said...

How fun! I bet Reece is loving it and doing great. They both look so stinkin cute!

Sarah Jane said...

How fun, I bet she loves it!

Mendel Family said...

Umm hello, could those outfits on the second day be cuter!!! I think not! I think it is great she is doing joy school, never to early to start them!

Shauna said...

haha, i love how reece has a purse-style bag and not a backpack. Stylin'!!