Thursday, September 29, 2011

.:Princess Party:.

Reece is a total girly girl, and she sure loves her princesses, so we figured a princess party was the proper way to go for her birthday this year.

I decided to go with purple and lime green for her party colors. Mostly because I found cute purple fabric with princess crowns on it (not as tacky as it sounds, you'll see), and then made a banner using material that had purple and lime green in it. I thought it was a great color combo!

To keep it a bit less stressful, we did the party earlier in the afternoon and didn't serve dinner - just treats. Lots and lots of treats. As in, I frosted about 40 cupcakes and 50 sugar cookies the day of the party. I made waaaaay too many, since it was just a small party, so now my doctor is going to be reprimanding me at my appointment next week for all the leftovers I've been partaking of!

Here's the party spread. You can't really tell, but the sugar cookies were in the shape of princess crowns. We had green and purple grapes later that my friends brought; those went in the big empty bowl! See, it wasn't all junk!


For favors for the kiddos, I made these crowns using poster board, mod podge, and fabric. I also stitched the fabric down so they'd hold up better. Then each kid got to decorate a little foam wand. I made sure to have some less girly colors since most of Reece's little friends are boys!



Birthday girl enjoying a sugar cookie.


Little Rem just hanging out.


Of course, presents are always a good time. Reece is now proud owner of almost every Disney barbie that there is.



And she got this great princess suitcase to keep all of her barbies in. She loves it!


I was going to be a super cool mom, and make her a princess cake where a real barbie sticks out of the top, and the cake is the skirt. But, then I remembered that I was fat, pregnant, and lazy, and we opted for a princess cake from Josh's bakery at work. Needless to say, she was thrilled with the princess toys on the cake, and probably appreciated that more than anything I could have made.


It was a really fun party, and Reece was so spoiled. Probably one of the best parts was after we were done with presents, she had on her new Rapunzel dress and was just staring at herself in the mirror, swaying, and singing. It was like she just knew what a beautiful princess she is.

We appreciate everyone who came and helped and spoiled Reece. She's a lucky girl to have so many people that care about her!

4 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

What a fun party, she is so dang cute!

Stacy said...

It was very cute and we sure love Reece. Thanks for having us ! Still can't believe our babies are 3...

nison (nic + allison) said...

So dang cute! Love the purple and lime green combo!

Mendel Family said...

Her party was so cute! I wish I could have stayed the whole time, but I am glad my boys got too! Reece is for sure a princess, and I hope she always remembers that!