Sunday, September 18, 2011

.:Trundle Bed:.

Over the weekend, we shipped the girls off to their grandma's house to spend some time with their grandparents and aunts while we worked on purging our house and changing their room to accommodate the new trundle bed we bought.

This is what my living room looked like at about midnite on Friday.


Needless to say, I was having some major anxiety. I don't do well with leaving messes and clutter out in my house; I don't even usually go to bed unless I've put all the dishes away!


We also broke down the crib and moved everything out of the girls' room on Friday. It was weird to see it so empty!


Saturday was spent with more purging, painting the trundle that Josh had sanded (holy nightmare, never doing that again!), and re-organizing and re-arranging. It was a huge project.

But, I'd have to say, it turned out pretty amazing looking...as long as you don't look too closely at the paint job.


I'm loving having the crib out of their room, and a little more space - plus having some of the toys moved from our living room to the bedroom is a huge bonus as well!


The girls were excited to try out their new bed! It took awhile for them to settle down last nite, but once they were asleep, they stayed that way until their normal wake up time this morning!


Score!


5 comments:

Dyan said...

The room looks great! And I can't believe Remi will stay on the bed! I swear I'm keeping the twins in their cribs until they're 3!

suzanne said...

What a great project! Successful!

Sarah Jane said...

what a fun bed! I love it, and the room looks great! Where is baby girl going to go?

Sarah Jane said...

what a fun bed! I love it, and the room looks great! Where is baby girl going to go?

Mendel Family said...

The bed looks fantastic! Way to go! I love nesting mode, which I am sure you are experiencing ;) I always get so much done, and get a lot of crap out of the house before my babies are born! The girls room looks fantastic!