Tuesday, April 29, 2014

.:Doctor's Appointment & Gender Day:.

I had a doctor's appointment today. It wasn't really anything eventful, but my doctor was able to get a good read on the baby's heartbeat. Obviously, I was happy to hear that! It never gets old. She was pushing it into my stomach and baby reacted like with the ultrasound. Apparently baby doesn't appreciate having space invaded! I talked with her a little bit about how awful my restless legs have been this pregnancy, but she didn't really have any suggestions. She said my initial blood work (taken this month) came back great, otherwise she might have suspected I was getting anemic. Which could still be a possibility, but we didn't do any blood work today. I remember from previous pregnancies there wasn't really anything I could do about it. So I suppose the sleepless nites are just coming a bit early this time around! 

After my appointment, we went over to Josh's office and his friend that is the ultrasound tech said he would do an ultrasound for us today to see if we could check for baby's gender. I'd say he got a pretty clear shot!


Do you see that? Boy parts! I've thought this baby was a boy the entire pregnancy, and have caught myself calling him 'he' so many times. But I also thought each of the girls were boys, so I don't put much stock in my intuition. This pregnancy has definitely been different - not in any big major ways, but for sure different, so I guess it makes sense. We would have been thrilled with a boy or a girl, but we are definitely so excited to experience having a boy! This little guy is going to get mothered to death in this house full of girls! 

The girls are super excited, too. Reece has really been wanting a baby brother, and I know Remi and Harper are going to be darling with him, too. Him! I still can't get used to saying it!

We'll have our official anatomy ultrasound in a few weeks, so they'll confirm this of course, but I don't think we'll be getting any surprises! 

So in love with this little guy already!


2 comments:

suzanne said...

Josh and his little buddy! Love it. So excited about this all. I just can't wait to see which look he comes up with. Declan looks just exactly like Hudson. So maybe your boy will have Harpers look! Exciting!!!!

Dyan said...

There is just no mistaking a boy ultrasound! :) Makes me giggle every time...and I've seen a lot of them! So excited for you. I too am excited to see which look he comes out with..can't go wrong with any of them!