Thursday, September 18, 2008

.:Non-Stress Test:.

Yesterday, I went in for my non-stress test. The nurse first did an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid surrounding the baby. That checked out great. Baby girl is so big that it is difficult to see what any part of her is, but we were able to catch a glimpse of her spine. It never gets old!

Then the nurse strapped me up to the monitors and blood pressure cuff. Periodially, my blood pressure was taken. The whole time I am strapped up to other monitors that check how the baby responds to my contractions. Baby girl did a great job! I was having contractions throughout the entire time, and four big ones. I felt three of them, so that was kind of exciting. The nurse checked my swelling, reflexes, and asked some other questions about how I was feeling. My blood pressure was higher than normal for me, but still not in a high range, and lower than it has been. But it did also get higher each time it was taken.

The nurse basically told me that I have all the symptoms of pre-eclampsia except for high blood pressure. She told me to pay attention to the baby's movements, and to how I am feeling so that if anything changes, we can be right on it. Because of that, my doctor is having me come in on Friday for another non-stress test, along with the one I already have scheduled for Tuesday before my regular appointment. I guess that she just wants to monitor me even more closely. I'm glad that they are going to keep a close eye on thing, but I also just kind of wish they would just induce me already! I'm 39 weeks today, and if there is concern, I don't think that it's too early to just take the baby out. But oh and well! I don't have much choice in the matter, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Other than that, last nite was a BBQ out at Jeri and Scott's with a bunch of the family. It was great to spend time with everyone. We don't see much of Dave or his family, and it's been neat to be around them more lately. Hopefully we'll be able to keep that going!

Mom starts staying with us tonite. I've been having some contractions so we're hoping we can get this baby out on her own before next week!