Monday, September 15, 2008

.:On her way:.

Baby girl is on her way!

We have decided to do the induction on Thursday nite. It is so incredible and surreal to think that we will soon have her here! Josh is going to be able to use some of his sick time at work to cover the days that we're in the hospital, and we are lucky to have my mom in town visiting, as well as his family nearby. We'll have lots of help, which will be nice!

People keep asking me if I feel nervous, but I just don't yet. I'm sure some of those feelings will surface as we get closer, and actually get to the hospital. But right now, I really just feel so excited and anxious to begin this new part of our lives. She is such a blessing to us and we are so grateful for the opportunity to become parents.

In other news, Josh started his training for his second job today. He is going to be working at IHC as a CNA. We've been lucky to have friends who have worked there before, so they helped give Josh a good reference and fill us in on the ins and outs of working there. I know it is going to be a super crazy time for Josh - working two jobs and having a newborn baby - but I am so grateful to him for being willing to do that for our family. It is a huge sacrifice of time and a lot of hard work, and I feel so blesesed to have such an amazing husband. He is going to be an incredible dad!

As for me, I've started my 'job' watching Millie. It has been a lot of fun so far. She is such a good baby, and I've enjoyed getting a little taste of the mommy life. Being able to watch her is just another sign to us that the Lord is mindful of what we need right now.

This past weekend we were pretty busy with lots of family around! It was my cousin Michael's wedding, so my mom has been in town, along with my aunt and grandparents. We went to the wedding on Saturday. It was fun to see everyone and spend time with the family. Yesterday we had a big dinner out at our clubhouse with everyone again. We don't get to see them all very often, so it was good to have some time together. Good food and good company - can't beat that!

I guess that's the update for now. Tomorrow morning is the doctor, so we'll get all the details and info for the induction on Thursday. Yeah!