Thursday, September 4, 2008

.:37 weeks - full term:.

Today marks full term for our baby girl! I can't believe sometimes how quickly it's come. But at the same time, I feel like these last few weeks are going to drag because I am so ready for her to come out!

My doctor's appointment yesterday was very uneventful. I saw the midwife, and she was pretty quick. My belly is measuring just where it should be, and she found the baby's heartbeat the second she put the monitor on my stomach. She felt around and said that the baby is definitely head down, which wasn't surprising given our ultrasound last week. She also let me know that I am negative for Group B Strep. I was curious to see if I would end up being a carrier, since Dani is, even though my doctor said it isn't a genetic thing.

So now we wait! I am really getting uncomfortable, and don't know how this baby is supposed to grow bigger for three more weeks. I'm not sure where else she could possibly go in there! I know I shouldn't complain about how uncomfortable I am, but I am just to the point where I'm ready to meet her and have her out of me! Being pregnant has been such an amazing journey, but I'm ready to start the next part of it, which is having her with us and becoming parents.

The hospital bag is packed (pretty much!), my toes are painted (probably won't seem so important when I'm in the process of delivering!), her clothes are washed, and her room is ready. All we need now is baby girl...